News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

1.  "I admire Sir Arthur.  He makes you believe that God must be an Englishman."

2.  "If God had a mind to be a fish, He'd be a whale.  Believe it; He'd be a whale."

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 09, 2022, 03:54:36 PM
1.  "I admire Sir Arthur.  He makes you believe that God must be an Englishman."

2.  "If God had a mind to be a fish, He'd be a whale.  Believe it; He'd be a whale."
[/quote

Moby Dick
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Congrats on # 2 MOBY DICK.

Hint on # 1 (the tough one):  It stars Charlton Heston.

LennG

Quote from: jimv on March 14, 2022, 12:52:03 AM
Congrats on # 2 MOBY DICK.

Hint on # 1 (the tough one):  It stars Charlton Heston.

No idea
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Charlie Weiss

jimv

LennG

Let me throw a few out there

1---"Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister"

2---

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on March 02, 2022, 10:58:41 AM
You guys were great on my last batch of quotes that were not really softballs.

Here are a few more that will fall into the not really softball category    All quotes are from very popular and famous movies, not from some movie many never saw.

1--

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on March 15, 2022, 12:23:13 PM
Let me throw a few out there

1---"Nine million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister"

2---
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bill Brown

Quote from: ozzie on March 15, 2022, 01:20:40 PM
#2  - Tombstone
#3 - I believe that's Grouch Marx in Duck Soup

#1  Die Hard

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

LennG

Quote from: ozzie on March 15, 2022, 01:20:40 PM
#2  - Tombstone
#3 - I believe that's Grouch Marx in Duck Soup

Lou

#2 is correct and #3, right character, wrong movie (I always thought this was the correct movie until I did look it up)

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: ps11yat14 on March 15, 2022, 03:43:42 PM
#1  Die Hard

Bill

Great job Bill. Not one of the memorable lines from that movie, but once reading it, a dead give-a-way.

Charlie Weiss

GordonGekko80

Quote from: ps11yat14 on March 15, 2022, 03:43:42 PM
#1  Die Hard

Bill

Absolutely loved that one. The dark humor in the movie is amazing. :)

GordonGekko80

"It's a new day, people! Destiny calls. The world expects only one thing from us: That we will win!"