News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll at the owner's meeting

Started by MightyGiants, March 26, 2024, 08:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/charlottecrrll/status/1772602517085356223?s=20

"Every year, there's a self evaluation process that goes on. I'm a very passionate person. But yeah, there are times where I wish handled things a little bit differently, certainly. So you continue to grow. You continue to evolve. That's what I try to do every year.

"I'm passionate about winning. I'm passionate about our team. When we lose, I'm very passionate. So my focus always is: What can I do better? How can I be a better coach? How can I be a better leader?"

https://www.nj.com/giants/2024/03/does-giants-brian-daboll-need-to-tone-down-his-demeanor-during-games-heres-what-he-thinks.html
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

With a new DC, now he's contemplating calling the plays? Really?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

First comments from Brian Daboll on new #NYGiants defensive coordinator Shane Bowen: "He's done a great job in the running game the last few years at Tennessee, in the red zone and third down. I think he's got a great way about him. He's an excellent teammate. He was good with the X's and O's in the interview. He was good with fundamentals and I thought he was a very good communicator and teacher of the things that he really believes in. He's done a good job with Rome [Henderson] and Dre [Patterson] and those guys have added their pieces to it. B-Cox and Ben [Burress] and [Mike] Treier, and all the guys that were here, I've been pleased with how they've worked together here these last couple months. Very happy these first two months with Shane."

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1772614584228094144?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

What I read into it is that the media has no effing clue, one way or the other, which is so often the case. As always, its only interest is for us to repeat what they are saying, and not necessarily to buy what they're selling.

Cheers!

MightyGiants

Quote from: Painter on March 26, 2024, 12:29:38 PMWhat I read into it is that the media has no effing clue, one way or the other, which is so often the case. As always, its only interest is for us to repeat what they are saying, and not necessarily to buy what they're selling.

Cheers!

Paul Dottino sort of agrees with you, Larry

https://x.com/giantswfan/status/1772623224339042786?s=20
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

AZGiantFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 26, 2024, 09:45:50 AMFirst comments from Brian Daboll on new #NYGiants defensive coordinator Shane Bowen: "He's done a great job in the running game the last few years at Tennessee, in the red zone and third down. I think he's got a great way about him. He's an excellent teammate. He was good with the X's and O's in the interview. He was good with fundamentals and I thought he was a very good communicator and teacher of the things that he really believes in. He's done a good job with Rome [Henderson] and Dre [Patterson] and those guys have added their pieces to it. B-Cox and Ben [Burress] and [Mike] Treier, and all the guys that were here, I've been pleased with how they've worked together here these last couple months. Very happy these first two months with Shane."

https://x.com/art_stapleton/status/1772614584228094144?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

I hope he's right about Bowen and the run defense, because Lord knows this should be a focus for improvement.  IMO the 2 worst aspects of last year's team was (obviously) the OL and the run defense.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Giant Obsession

Daboll teaching and preparing Kafka how to be a HC.

Going down the rabbit hole just get stranger and stranger.

Please Mr. Mara....stop the madness.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

DaveBrown74

I have no idea what Daboll is thinking or planning.

However, if he's seriously planning on possibly calling the plays this year, and that actually happen, what exactly will Kafka's role be, and more importantly if that ends up being the case, why was Kafka not fired? This is his third year. OC is not a training wheels role. It's a serious role. If he's not up to calling plays, then get someone who can.

Again I don't know if this is the case. I'm just saying if it is, he shouldn't still be here.

PSUBeirut

I don't find it all that strange or disturbing.  There's a whole lot more to OC duties than just calling plays.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: PSUBeirut on March 26, 2024, 07:35:32 PMI don't find it all that strange or disturbing.  There's a whole lot more to OC duties than just calling plays.

True, but if you're a young OC in this league, and you start with a team by calling plays, and then in your third year in the job the head coach takes those responsibilities away from you, I wouldn't exactly call that an overt vote of confidence.

Trench

Daboll is half a train wreck. Guy is on thin ice. He better hope for a good schedule and a healthy QB or he will be extremely uncomfortable by the 3rd post game presser