News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Take your pick

Started by Stringer Bell, March 29, 2024, 10:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stringer Bell

Which draft would you prefer?

6. JJ McCarthy, QB, Mich.
47. Cooper Beebe, OG, K. St.
70. Tez Walker, WR, UNC

6. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
47. Braden Fiske, DL, Fla. St.
70. Khyree Jackson, CB, Ore.

Philosophers

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 29, 2024, 10:20:43 AMWhich draft would you prefer?

6. JJ McCarthy, QB, Mich.
47. Cooper Beebe, OG, K. St.
70. Tez Walker, WR, UNC

6. Malik Nabers, WR, LSU
47. Braden Fiske, DL, Fla. St.
70. Khyree Jackson, CB, Ore.

Option 1 and it's not close.  Live that haul at three important positions.  Walker is a very good WR.  Daniel Jeremiah loves him.  Beebe solves our LG hole with new blood.

Stringer Bell

Quote from: Philosophers on March 29, 2024, 10:40:56 AMOption 1 and it's not close.  Live that haul at three important positions.  Walker is a very good WR.  Daniel Jeremiah loves him.  Beebe solves our LG hole with new blood.

I'm a big Walker fan, as well. Not sure he lasts until 70 after his combine performance, but some mocks have him going late third. I see at least 10 WRs going in first two rounds, and it might take guys like Wilson and Pearsall also going in order for Walker to fall to us.

I'd REALLY love to get Fiske, though. Dex, Burns, KT, and Fiske would be an absolute problem for opposing OLs. They'd get so much attention, Okereke and McFadden could roam free.

DaveBrown74

Definitely number one, and not close for me either.

I don't know what McCarthy will be, but he does at least give us a chance of having very good QB play in our near future. Jones simply does not. So right there that's huge for me. I also think Beebe is close to a lock to be no worse than "solid", and it's a massive need area plus the guard market is hot. Finally I like Walker.

Jolly Blue Giant

Option 2 for me, although, at (3rd rd) 70, I'd prefer OG Zak Zinter or LB Payton Wilson (if available...stories I've heard is that both Cowboys and Eagles are zeroed in on him, and he could hurt us if he went there - Cowboy fans think he's Micah Parsons 2.0) or RB Braelon Allen

I still don't think the Giants will take a QB. I think Giants working out QBs is all smoke, but I've been wrong before
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 29, 2024, 11:36:39 AMOption 2 for me, although, at (3rd rd) 70, I'd prefer OG Zak Zinter or LB Payton Wilson (if available...stories I've heard is that both Cowboys and Eagles are zeroed in on him, and he could hurt us if he went there - Cowboy fans think he's Micah Parsons 2.0) or RB Braelon Allen

I still don't think the Giants will take a QB. I think Giants working out QBs is all smoke, but I've been wrong before

I liked Payton Wilson until I learned he has a long list of injuries.  Pass for me now.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Philosophers on March 29, 2024, 11:44:57 AMI liked Payton Wilson until I learned he has a long list of injuries.  Pass for me now.

True, he's had some injuries, but has bounced back big since then. He's an incredible athlete that does things few LBs have ever done, like...chasing down speedy WRs, lining up on the right side, then clearing the mess in the middle and going all the way to the other side to the out-of-bounds line and tackling a RB at the line of scrimmage...topping speeds on the field of over 22 mph. He's a freak athlete who knows where the ball is quicker than anyone else on the defense, and hones in on it like a heat-seeking missile and is a tackling machine, leading the ACC conference in tackles last season. And he is flexible, playing MLB or outside off-ball LB

And of course, he blew up the combine putting up spectacular numbers, beating out all other LBs with a 9.86 RAS score, running an astounding 4.43 40-yard dash which still stands as a 99.5th percentile mark, while his 1.54s 10-yard split places Wilson in the 98th percentile speed wise...that's against all previous LBs from all combines

He's worth the risk in my opinion, and would easily be the top MLB in the draft and be in the top 10-15, if not for the injuries he suffered a few years ago. I can envision his lining up side by side with Okereke and absolutely dominating

Bobby Skinner breaks down his game

Philosophers

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on March 29, 2024, 01:11:18 PMTrue, he's had some injuries, but has bounced back big since then. He's an incredible athlete that does things few LBs have ever done, like...chasing down speedy WRs, lining up on the right side, then clearing the mess in the middle and going all the way to the other side to the out-of-bounds line and tackling a RB at the line of scrimmage...topping speeds on the field of over 22 mph. He's a freak athlete who knows where the ball is quicker than anyone else on the defense, and hones in on it like a heat-seeking missile and is a tackling machine, leading the ACC conference in tackles last season. And he is flexible, playing MLB or outside off-ball LB

And of course, he blew up the combine putting up spectacular numbers, beating out all other LBs with a 9.86 RAS score, running an astounding 4.43 40-yard dash which still stands as a 99.5th percentile mark, while his 1.54s 10-yard split places Wilson in the 98th percentile speed wise...that's against all previous LBs from all combines

He's worth the risk in my opinion, and would easily be the top MLB in the draft and be in the top 10-15, if not for the injuries he suffered a few years ago. I can envision his lining up side by side with Okereke and absolutely dominating

Bobby Skinner breaks down his game

You make a great case for him.

Stringer Bell

Wilson is a fine prospect - minus the injury history - but this team has far too many holes to draft a LB. McFadden is not a star, but he's at least average to slightly above average. And with Burns, KT, and Okereke the rest of the group is locked in.

We need a starting WR, OG, DL, CB, S, maybe a TE if Waller retires. Wilson and LB is a luxury this team can't afford.

GloryDays

Both pretty even for me. My preference though is to trade down to around 18, get extra high picks, including a  second and a third this year, so instead we can come out with:

1- WR Ladd McConkey
2a- DL Darius Robinson or Braden Fiske
2b- CB Cool-Aid McKinstry or Mike Sainristil
3a- TE Ben Sinnott
3b- OT Roger Rosengarten

So by going for a WE prospect who is rated below the top 4 (but probably as good, if not better) we haul in 2 additional prospects who can be immediate upgrades

ozzie

"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Stringer Bell

Quote from: GloryDays on March 29, 2024, 01:29:03 PMBoth pretty even for me. My preference though is to trade down to around 18, get extra high picks, including a  second and a third this year, so instead we can come out with:

1- WR Ladd McConkey
3a- TE Ben Sinnott
3b- OT Roger Rosengarten

So by going for a WE prospect who is rated below the top 4 (but probably as good, if not better) we haul in 2 additional prospects who can be immediate upgrades

Trading down from 6 to 18 wouldn't net a 2nd and 3rd. Per the value chart, it would be a 2nd and pick swap in the 3rd. I'm not interested in moving down in 2 rounds just to get an extra second.

katkavage

Number one of course. A QB is a necessity. Without one the Giants continue to flounder no matter how good the other players turn out to be.

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: GloryDays on March 29, 2024, 01:29:03 PMBoth pretty even for me. My preference though is to trade down to around 18, get extra high picks, including a  second and a third this year, so instead we can come out with:

1- WR Ladd McConkey
3a- TE Ben Sinnott
3b- OT Roger Rosengarten

I'm all for trading down, but not nearly that far. My hope is that some team will do anything for a QB that is still on the board, and will offer a haul...like Minnesota giving us their two firsts and maybe something more. That would drop us back to 11th in the order, and we'd still get a couple of studs in the first round

The only reason I wouldn't trade down is if Harrison is still on the board...or maybe Bowers or Odunze  :-??

GloryDays

Quote from: Stringer Bell on March 29, 2024, 01:34:48 PMTrading down from 6 to 18 wouldn't net a 2nd and 3rd. Per the value chart, it would be a 2nd and pick swap in the 3rd. I'm not interested in moving down in 2 rounds just to get an extra second.

Stringer, most of the time, teams pay more than these charts say, to jump to a high position to grab a QB or a highly desired prospect that unexpectedly drops out of the top 5; nevertheless I dont know which chart you checked, but the trade value is more than a second and a third. According to this recent chart, the difference in 6th value to 18th is 700; the total of those seconds and third picks is 600... It actually calls for an additional 4th and 5th; so theoretically, if such opportunity presents itself, not only we can get a 2nd and a 3rd this year, but in order to leave the other team some draft ammunition this year, we could also ask and may be get a 3rd round pick next year.

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp