News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NYT "Connections" Game

Started by DaveBrown74, October 20, 2023, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBrown74

Nice job all!

As stated the other day, I think this was a matter of getting some reps in. Seems clear people are much better at the game than they were on day one.

MightyGiants

What I find interesting is that we all don't solve the puzzle in the same way.   There is usually two different colors that start off our process of elimination.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on October 25, 2023, 08:35:52 AMWhat I find interesting is that we all don't solve the puzzle in the same way.   There is usually two different colors that start off our process of elimination.

Good observation.

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #136
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I feel like I should have struggled less with this one than I did.

Connections
Puzzle #137
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #137
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟪🟨
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Connections
Puzzle #137
Connections
Puzzle #137
🟪🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟦🟦🟪
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #137
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨

Couple more words that could be in multiple groups.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Connections
Puzzle #138
🟪🟦🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪

DaveBrown74

I found this one to be very challenging.

Connections
Puzzle #138
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟦🟨
🟨🟦🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦

MightyGiants

I completely whiffed yesterday and got by today by the skin of my teeth.  I need to log in because I am posting this on a computer, and I did the puzzle on my phone. 

I had zero mistakes left and frankly, it was dumb luck that I got the last two patterns.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Connections
Puzzle #138
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟪🟪🟪🟪
Lucky guess on four
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

After a killer yesterday (and even worse the day before), I found today's pretty easy

Connections
Puzzle #139
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Today's wasn't bad, although the fourth one (which I got by simply getting the other three) I didn't even fully understand.

Connections
Puzzle #139
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

T200

Connections
Puzzle #139
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟪🟪🟪🟪

I'm traumatized by the previous puzzles!  :laugh:  I would have had today's done in less than a minute but I had to stop and triple-check each group before I hit 'submit' to make sure there were no words that could be grouped with others.  :laugh: