News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

CBS Sports ranks Daniel Jones dead last

Started by MightyGiants, May 09, 2024, 01:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

https://x.com/NFLonCBS/status/1788224293374996929

Daniel Jones
NEW YORK GIANTS QB
The Giants reportedly dabbled with replacing their rehabbing investment, whose ball-security issues returned behind a porous line in 2023. Perhaps Malik Nabers can restore his fortunes.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2024-nfl-qb-power-rankings-brock-purdy-jordan-love-crack-top-10-in-first-post-draft-pecking-order/
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

I don't really know what criteria they are using, but common sense tells me ranking guys who have never taken a snap in the NFL ahead of any veteran is just a big red flag as far as credibility goes.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

miss86

So, I am to believe that guys like JJ MCcarthy, Bo Nix and Bryce Young are better QBs than DJ? What a waste of time for CBS to even post that garbage. Zero credibility and nonsense.

spiderblue43

DJ is not rock bottom, cmon. He regressed terribly last year, but the real question with him now is his health. Can he stay upright is more pressing than his ability.

AZGiantFan

In the words of the late great Jimv, who is Cody Benjamin and why should we care about his opinion?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

kingm56

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on May 09, 2024, 02:12:01 PMIn the words of the late great Jimv, who is Cody Benjamin and why should we care about his opinion?

Apparently someone that the NFL on CBS with 1.4M Followers considered worthy enough to broadcast his work on Twitter
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

zephirus

Laughable.  The rookies should clearly not be graded - they've never taken a snap.  And I don't see any universe where one could definitively put Anthony Richardson (who played 4 whole games last year) or Bryce Young ahead of him.

Doc16LT56

Since misery loves company... it must suck to be a Panthers fan. They traded up for the first pick then chose the wrong guy.

DaveBrown74

EDjohnst1981

I'm no Jones apologist but dead last is laughable.

I won't even give them a click.

katkavage

You can't rank those who never played a down in the NFL. I made my own rankings and had him at 21.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on May 09, 2024, 04:43:13 PMI'm no Jones apologist but dead last is laughable.

I won't even give them a click.

I'm not really disagreeing, but just as an exercise, and bearing in mind that incoming rookies are clearly a speculative projection in this, which QBs in this list have proven to be decisively worse besides Bryce Young?

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 09, 2024, 04:59:09 PMI'm not really disagreeing, but just as an exercise, and bearing in mind that incoming rookies are clearly a speculative projection in this, which QBs in this list have proven to be decisively worse besides Bryce Young?
Perhaps nobody. But i wouldn't take take Young over Jones.

Perhaps I'm wrong. But he shouldn't be last.