News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 07, 2020, 11:06:43 AM
I DO know it, but I'll hold off on it.

I have an Idea - but not sure - I have only seen it once if it is what I am thinking

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 07, 2020, 11:08:23 AM
Don't know why no one answered after you bacially gasve it away.

Jim, I am dissappointed you didn't get these

Dirty Dancing

Psycho

These WERE softballs and Philo basically gave you guys the best clues.

I never saw "Dirty Dancing" & I didn't remember the "Psych" quote.

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 06, 2020, 10:24:59 PM
I just finished watching (for the first time in a long time) an interesting 60 year old film; that's right - made in 1960.  I'm going to make the closing quotes in the movie.  I really think Lenny is the only one one who might know it.  But, who knows?  BTW, even for Lenny, I'll give some hints if there's trouble:

Housekeeper - "Do you think he'll ever return?"

Filby - "Who knows?  After all, he has all the time in the world."

The Time Machine - have only seen it on  time.

LennG

Let me throw a few more up here

All from very popular movies and I don't want to just throw the give a way line up here, so try these first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you always take the pictures yourself?"

"Ever since a trip I made to Africa. I'd have got a swell picture of a charging rhino, but the cameraman got scared. The darn fool, I was right there with a rifle! Seems he didn't trust me to get the rhino before it got him. I haven't fooled with a cameraman since; I do it myself"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In case I never see you again, which would add ten years to my life, what would you fellas want to play football?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much they pay you to do their police work?

A hundred and sixty-two dollars, and thirty-nine cents per week.

A hundred and sixty-two dollars and thirty-nine cents a week? Well boy! Sam, you take him outside but treat him nice, because a man that makes a hundred and sixty-two dollars and thirty-nine cents a week, we do not want to ruffle him!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Josephine! The most wonderful thing happened!

What?

Guess.

They repealed prohibition?

Oh come now, you can do better than that.

I met one of them.

One of whom?

Shell Oil Junior. He's got millions, he's got glasses, he's got a yacht!

You don't say.

He's not only got a yacht, he's got a bicycle!

And remember, this gun is pointed right at your heart.

That is my *least* vulnerable spot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 07, 2020, 04:08:12 PM
Let me throw a few more up here

All from very popular movies and I don't want to just throw the give a way line up here, so try these first.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you always take the pictures yourself?"

"Ever since a trip I made to Africa. I'd have got a swell picture of a charging rhino, but the cameraman got scared. The darn fool, I was right there with a rifle! Seems he didn't trust me to get the rhino before it got him. I haven't fooled with a cameraman since; I do it myself"   King Kong

"In case I never see you again, which would add ten years to my life, what would you fellas want to play football?"  ???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How much they pay you to do their police work?

A hundred and sixty-two dollars, and thirty-nine cents per week.

A hundred and sixty-two dollars and thirty-nine cents a week? Well boy! Sam, you take him outside but treat him nice, because a man that makes a hundred and sixty-two dollars and thirty-nine cents a week, we do not want to ruffle him!   In the Heat of the Night

---------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Josephine! The most wonderful thing happened!

What?

Guess.

They repealed prohibition?

Oh come now, you can do better than that.

I met one of them.

One of whom?

Shell Oil Junior. He's got millions, he's got glasses, he's got a yacht! 

You don't say.

He's not only got a yacht, he's got a bicycle!  Some Like it Hot???

And remember, this gun is pointed right at your heart.

That is my *least* vulnerable spot.   Casablanca

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LennG

Excellent Jim. Look at the one you didn't get and thihnk old, very old movie with football as a theme.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on September 07, 2020, 07:39:54 PM
Excellent Jim. Look at the one you didn't get and thihnk old, very old movie with football as a theme.

Could it be the Burt Reynolds' movie about prisoners playing football?  I don't remember the name & only saw it once.

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 07, 2020, 07:39:54 PM

Just watched this a month ago - Horse Feathers

jimv

It's been so long since I last watched it that it's a quote i would never remember.  GREAT job, philo!

GordonGekko80

"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

"Great men are not born great, they grow great."

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really, get busy living or get busy dying."

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."

"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!"

philo43

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 08, 2020, 09:54:22 AM
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."Ace Ventura

"Great men are not born great, they grow great."Godfather

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really, get busy living or get busy dying."Shawshank Redemption

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."?????

"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!"Inglorious Basterds

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 08, 2020, 09:54:22 AM
"If I'm not back in five minutes... just wait longer."

"Great men are not born great, they grow great."

"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really, get busy living or get busy dying."

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem."

"You know, fightin' in a basement offers a lot of difficulties. Number one being, you're fightin' in a basement!"

#4 is from Pirates of the Carribean

I never would have gotten #1 as I simple HATE Jim carey and anything he even might be in.

#2 and 3 I knew also, easy ones and #5, though I saw the movie, and I really don't know why, I really didn't like it much. As they say, to each his own. (I never would have gotten that one either)

Good job on them.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

We have some really sharp guys playing along now

Lets try these and most aren't softballs

==============================================

"To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants."

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I must break you"

-----------------------------------------------------------

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! *We're* finished! All of us!

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: LennG on September 08, 2020, 01:08:51 PM

"To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf."Training Day

"This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants."?????

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions."??????

"I must break you"Rocky 4

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! *We're* finished! All of us!Wild Bunch

Never have seen Pirates of the Caribbean!

T200

Quote from: LennG on September 08, 2020, 01:08:51 PM

"To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf."

"This is called farming! You kids are gonna grow all kinds of plants! Vegetable plants, pizza plants."

"If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions." Pulp Fiction Thanks for throwing me a bone, Len!  :laugh: :laugh:

"I must break you"

We're not gonna get rid of anybody! We're gonna stick together, just like it used to be! When you side with a man, you stay with him! And if you can't do that, you're like some animal, you're finished! *We're* finished! All of us!
I knew the Training Day and Rocky 4 quotes also.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: