News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: jimv on June 11, 2021, 11:06:23 AM
HUGE SOFTBALL:

"What is it?

"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of."

I won't answer. My fav all time movie
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: philo43 on June 06, 2021, 08:40:06 AM
Classic line at the end of a movie

"They have been decaffeinated"

Since no one took a shot - Danny Glover at the end of Lethal Weapon 2 - when asked by Mel Gibson what happened to the South African diplomat, who used the term Kaffir about Glover.

philo43

Quote from: jimv on June 11, 2021, 11:06:23 AM
HUGE SOFTBALL:

"What is it?

"The, uh, stuff that dreams are made of."

The movie is named after an island in the Mediterranean and a hunting bird

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on June 10, 2021, 02:47:00 PM
Lou

#5 I feel won't be recognized unless you can associate it with the movie.

It is The Producers

#3, was the last line of one of the best westerns. Think Buddy movie

#3 - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid??
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on June 11, 2021, 01:31:21 PM
The movie is named after an island in the Mediterranean and a hunting bird

NOT even close! :no: :no: :no:

philo43

Quote from: jimv on June 11, 2021, 03:34:23 PM

NOT even close! :no: :no: :no:

Come on Jim,

Maltese Falcon - Bogart as Sam Spade - island is Malta - Bird is Falcon.

"And when Sam Spade says that the Maltese Falcon is "the stuff that dreams are made of," he's alluding to the fact that it's insubstantial (it's worthless, after all) and to the fact that everywhere the Maltese Falcon goes, death follows it."

jimv

Quote from: philo43 on June 12, 2021, 10:38:30 AM
Come on Jim,

Maltese Falcon - Bogart as Sam Spade - island is Malta - Bird is Falcon.

"And when Sam Spade says that the Maltese Falcon is "the stuff that dreams are made of," he's alluding to the fact that it's insubstantial (it's worthless, after all) and to the fact that everywhere the Maltese Falcon goes, death follows it."

You're so right, philo! =D> =D> =D>  My thinking cap has been all screwed up these past couple of months that your comments sailed right over my head.  GREAT answer tough, after your translation.  A real classic movie!

LennG

A few more last lines, again, all from very famous movies. Some are well known and others, you may have to think a bit

A big time softball to start

#1----"Ladies and Gentlemen. Stop that girl. That girl running up the aisle - stop her. That's the girl whose voice you heard and loved tonight. She's the real star of the picture. Kathy Selden.

---------------------------------------------------

Another big softball

#2----"Hey, Yankees! You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it straight up your ass!"
- "And another thing: Just wait till next year!"

--------------------------------------------

A little bit harder but still famous

#3---- "Look, you fools. You're in danger. Can't you see? They're after you. They're after all of us. Our wives, our children, everyone. They're here already. YOU'RE NEXT!..."

------------------------------------------

#4---  - "You're not gonna stick around for your share?"
- "Naah. I'd only blow it."

-------------------------------------------------------
A lot harder

#5--  "They abide and they endure."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

philo43

Quote from: jimv on June 12, 2021, 11:33:25 AM

You're so right, philo! =D> =D> =D>  My thinking cap has been all screwed up these past couple of months that your comments sailed right over my head.  GREAT answer tough, after your translation.  A real classic movie!

No problem Jim, I knew the answer right away, but was trying to be circumspect to allow some one else to answer by giving vague clues

jimv

Quote from: LennG on June 12, 2021, 12:15:56 PM
A few more last lines, again, all from very famous movies. Some are well known and others, you may have to think a bit

A big time softball to start

#1----"Ladies and Gentlemen. Stop that girl. That girl running up the aisle - stop her. That's the girl whose voice you heard and loved tonight. She's the real star of the picture. Kathy Selden.
SINGIN' IN THE RAIN   
---------------------------------------------------

Another big softball

#2----"Hey, Yankees! You can take your apology and your trophy and shove it straight up your ass!"
- "And another thing: Just wait till next year!"
?????
--------------------------------------------

A little bit harder but still famous

#3---- "Look, you fools. You're in danger. Can't you see? They're after you. They're after all of us. Our wives, our children, everyone. They're here already. YOU'RE NEXT!..."

INVASSION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS
------------------------------------------

#4---  - "You're not gonna stick around for your share?"
- "Naah. I'd only blow it."

THE STING
-------------------------------------------------------
A lot harder

#5--  "They abide and they endure."
?????
-----------------------------------------------------------------

LennG

Great Jim. I wasn't sure if you'd get the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Great job.

#2--Comedy baseball

#5  big clue Robert Mitchum

Charlie Weiss

ozzie

Quote from: LennG on June 12, 2021, 08:00:59 PM
Great Jim. I wasn't sure if you'd get the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Great job.

#2--Comedy baseball - The Bad News Bears

I knew 1, 3 & 4, but Jim beat me to it.

No idea about #5 below

#5  big clue Robert Mitchum
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

jimv

Never saw "Bad news Bears."

# 5 still ?????

LennG

Quote from: jimv on June 13, 2021, 03:21:19 PM
Never saw "Bad news Bears."

# 5 still ?????

JIm

You MUST watch that movie and be prepared to laugh your you know what toff. But watch the original with Malter Matthau. It is truly a classic movie. The remake was also pretty good with Billy Bob Thorton.
Really, I know you will love this movie. Truly a feel good jaugh your ass off movie.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

\

#5--As I said, it was a hard one but from a terrific movie, 'Night of the Hunter'.

Charlie Weiss