News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Daboll complained about his WRs being too slow, so...

Started by MightyGiants, May 07, 2024, 11:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

First, it's not, "all of *the* sudden..." It's "all of *A* sudden."

Second, when did Daboll "complain about his WRs being too slow"?

Third, the only speedy addition on that list was Nabers.

Fourth, all that speed just means they get out of Jones's comfortable 10-yard throwing window faster.  /sarcasm/  :P  =))
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on May 07, 2024, 12:55:37 PMFirst, it's not, "all of *the* sudden..." It's "all of *A* sudden."

Second, when did Daboll "complain about his WRs being too slow"?

Third, the only speedy addition on that list was Nabers.

Fourth, all that speed just means they get out of Jones's comfortable 10-yard throwing window faster.  /sarcasm/  :P  =))

I couldn't find the direct quote from Daboll, but I did find this comment from Schoen

Quote"I would say both sides of the ball, just team speed in general. Offense), defense and special teams," he said. "I think we did that with some of the free agents we signed: Parris Campbell can roll, Jeff (Smith) can roll, (Bobby) Okereke runs well. We've upgraded the speed in general; (Darren) Waller. So yeah, that's definitely something watching our team last year, we just felt we needed to get faster in all three phases."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

would you prefer speed with dropsies of a sure-handed 4.5 - 4.6 runner?  As long as they catch the catchable balls and break-up possible INT's, I'm happy.  Seeing the return of Homer Jones however would make my day!!!!
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

UncannyGfan

Playing speed and running speed are two independent categories.

President Rick

well said.   and remember Carl Lewis....as they say about baseball pitchers.....all that speed and no control, i.e. for football....HANDS.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Rosehill Jimmy

Quote from: President Rick on May 07, 2024, 03:20:27 PMwell said.   and remember Carl Lewis....as they say about baseball pitchers.....all that speed and no control, i.e. for football....HANDS.

I remember hearing an interview with either the radio voice or a beat writer with the Bills immediately after the hires.  He said look for the Giants to increase the speed among wideouts as it was a trait Daboll values
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

nb587

Quote from: Rosehill Jimmy on May 07, 2024, 04:57:53 PMI remember hearing an interview with either the radio voice or a beat writer with the Bills immediately after the hires.  He said look for the Giants to increase the speed among wideouts as it was a trait Daboll values
Its team wide need for speed, not just WRs

Jclayton92

Quote from: President Rick on May 07, 2024, 02:28:29 PMwould you prefer speed with dropsies of a sure-handed 4.5 - 4.6 runner?  As long as they catch the catchable balls and break-up possible INT's, I'm happy.  Seeing the return of Homer Jones however would make my day!!!!
Most of the elite Wrs of the past 2 decades ran a 4.5.

Brooklyn Dave

nb587

I dont know the answer to this- just asking.  If you looked at the top 10 WRs today, or top 5, how many would you think are fast?

DaveBrown74

Quote from: nb587 on May 07, 2024, 07:39:45 PMI dont know the answer to this- just asking.  If you looked at the top 10 WRs today, or top 5, how many would you think are fast?

It is somewhat subjective who the five best receivers are, but I'll take a crack at it.

For "fast" I will use less than 4.45 on the 40. I think that's a fair cutoff for this position.

Is each of the below players fast?

Tyreek Hill (4.29): Yes
Cee Dee Lamb (4.5): No
Amon-Ra St. Brown (4.61): No
Ja'Marr Chase (4.38): Yes
AJ Brown (4.49): No

2 yes, 3 no.

Philosophers

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 07, 2024, 08:04:10 PMIt is somewhat subjective who the five best receivers are, but I'll take a crack at it.

For "fast" I will use less than 4.45 on the 40. I think that's a fair cutoff for this position.

Is each of the below players fast?

Tyreek Hill (4.29): Yes
Cee Dee Lamb (4.5): No
Amon-Ra St. Brown (4.61): No
Ja'Marr Chase (4.38): Yes
AJ Brown (4.49): No

2 yes, 3 no.

Justin Jefferson 4.43
 Davante Adams 4.56
 Stefon Diggs 4.46
 Cooper Kupp 4.62
 Deebo Samuel 4.48