News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Exercising that blob atop my shoulders (Wordle)

Started by Jolly Blue Giant, January 18, 2022, 04:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 29, 2022, 09:06:50 AM
There are tricks that can be used.  If you have multiple valid guesses you could create one word with as many of the guess letters as possible rather than making all the guesses

That's a very interesting idea. In my case, I never even thought about the fact that there were 8 solutions until I had already lucked out. After flipping all green and solving it I happened to glance at the list of unused letters and thoughr, "whoa, it could have been wound...then holy cow, it could have been sound" which caused me to look at all the possible solutions and I was amazed that I lucked out. I wanted to bring it up yesterday, but I didn't want to do a spoiler alert for those who had yet to work it out
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 29, 2022, 09:06:50 AM
There are tricks that can be used.  If you have multiple valid guesses you could create one word with as many of the guess letters as possible rather than making all the guesses

Excellent idea. Great approach if you have four to a word (like yesterday) and a few guesses left but there are something like five letters left that work.

LennG

Concerning a 'streak'.

Is their 'streak' only that you play every day?

On my home computer, I haven't missed a word in months. I was away last week and used my wife's laptop and had a short streak there. On Sunday, I continued on my home computer and got the word on the last try and really never looked at my 'streak'. I didn't play yesterday but today I got the word in 4 and looked at my 'streak' and it was at 1. Why is that?
Is it, if you don't play every day, it reverts back to 1?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

DaveBrown74

Quote from: LennG on March 29, 2022, 11:03:49 AM
Concerning a 'streak'.

Is their 'streak' only that you play every day?

On my home computer, I haven't missed a word in months. I was away last week and used my wife's laptop and had a short streak there. On Sunday, I continued on my home computer and got the word on the last try and really never looked at my 'streak'. I didn't play yesterday but today I got the word in 4 and looked at my 'streak' and it was at 1. Why is that?
Is it, if you don't play every day, it reverts back to 1?

I'm not sure, because I have not missed a day (I bring my laptop when I travel), but from what you're saying it sounds like if you miss a day your streak ends, even if you didn't fail to get the word in six on a given puzzle.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 29, 2022, 11:09:49 AM
I'm not sure, because I have not missed a day (I bring my laptop when I travel), but from what you're saying it sounds like if you miss a day your streak ends, even if you didn't fail to get the word in six on a given puzzle.

There is the streak (consecutive days) and winning percentage
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Got this morning's puzzle in 4 tries. I almost didn't get yesterday's. Took me to the last try and I started with a good word that gave me the first two letters

I did one on the other site last night and check out the word - 4 double vowels and only 1 consonant which was "Q". Store that word in the back of you mind as it might come up some day...LOL

DaveBrown74

I found today tricky. Took me six.

My scores recently have not been the glitziest, but I do have a 64 day streak that is still alive.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on March 31, 2022, 09:11:32 AM
I found today tricky. Took me six.

My scores recently have not been the glitziest, but I do have a 64 day streak that is still alive.

I got it in my usual 4 but I will admit is was more luck than skill.  After my 3 planned words, I could see many possibilities, in fact more than I had remaining guesses.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

6 for me also, and even at that it was sort of an educated guess.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

T200

Wordle 286 6/6

🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

And another one lol

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Ed Vette

Wordle 286 5/6

🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Someone on FB posted they got it in two tries after the first word had just two out of place letters. Who would guess this as their first word. I think she was cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 01, 2022, 08:41:00 AM
Wordle 286 5/6

🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Someone on FB posted they got it in two tries after the first word had just two out of place letters. Who would guess this as their first word. I think she was cheating.

My strategy is to find the vowels and build words from there. I use the same starting word which has 3 vowels and none were there. I tried a word with the other two and my lone consonant and ended up with 4 out of 5 in the right spots. At that point it is luck getting the right word when there are many options, as we've already seen multiple times.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

This was one where I didn't even use my 3 establishing words, I got it on 3.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Ed Vette on April 01, 2022, 08:41:00 AM
Wordle 286 5/6

🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Could be, it happens now and then. I got it on my second try this morning and my first word only had 1 yellow. Just going through the available letters I put in a word that I thought would help out and when they all flipped green, I was quite shocked because the word isn't something you hear or use every day, maybe not even once a year. I'll post it tomorrow so there won't be a spoiler going on here for those who haven't done it yet

LennG

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2022, 09:35:41 AM
Could be, it happens now and then. I got it on my second try this morning and my first word only had 1 yellow. Just going through the available letters I put in a word that I thought would help out and when they all flipped green, I was quite shocked because the word isn't something you hear or use every day, maybe not even once a year. I'll post it tomorrow so there won't be a spoiler going on here for those who haven't done it yet

What do you mean, using this word once a year? I, matter of fact, use it regularly.  Doesn't everyone????? =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

BTW got it in my usual 4.

Charlie Weiss