News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants put out article, last minute interview with Joe Schoen

Started by MightyGiants, April 24, 2024, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

jimc

I think what was interesting was him saying that they have 15 guys as first round material.  That tells me he would not want to move back beyond 15 because he would feel that he was getting second round goods.
- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimc on April 24, 2024, 03:51:59 PMI think what was interesting was him saying that they have 15 guys as first round material.  That tells me he would not want to move back beyond 15 because he would feel that he was getting second round goods.

Sometimes you can risk going a little lower as different teams have different games, but your point is excellent
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 24, 2024, 03:55:22 PMSometimes you can risk going a little lower as different teams have different games, but your point is excellent

That would make a Viking trade probably entertaining at 11 and 24..plus more. But I don't see it. Take the best wr on your board.

Jolly Blue Giant

The artical just below the one you posted is also interesting. It's Daniel Jeremiah's top 150. His top of the draft:

1) QB Caleb Williams
2) WR Marvin Harrison
3) WR Rome Odunze
4) WR Malik Nabors

5) QB Drake Maye
6) QB Jayden Daniels
7) TE Brock Bowers
8) OT Joe Alt
9) CB Terrion Arnold
10) OT Taliese Fuaga

20) QB JJ McCarthy

I don't think I've ever seen 3 WRs, listed in the top 4 picks in the draft...not in my lifetime
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

I can't help but feel this usual article was spurred by someone's draft predictions being too accurate for comfort.  I am just not sure which one

"There's going to be a lot of smoke this week: 'This is the Giants' guy and this is who they're taking,'" Schoen said. "And nobody knows because there's one person that does and I'm keeping things pretty close to the vest in terms of what we're going to do. The more people that know what's going on, you maybe put them in a predicament you don't want to put them in where they know the information, it gets out and then you're looking at them sideways. So, try to keep as much information in house and that'll continue through Thursday in terms of when I get a feel for what's going to happen around us."
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE