News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

MoJo's Corner (2021 Camp Reports)

Started by babywhales, July 28, 2021, 02:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trench

Well said DaveBrown. The report on Jones was excellent to hear and I agree Golloday is very concerning

Ed Vette

For those of you interested in who this thread is dedicated to, you can find testimonials of all our friends who passed away over the years in the History Board pinned to the top, "Tribute To Our Fallen Brothers". Mojo John Morrison was one of our most beloved and a dear friend to many of us. Going back to our days at the Big Blue Wrecking Crew, John who lived near the Albany Training Camp would do camp reports for all of us. One day we all finally met at a get together in the Parking Lot. I still quote John to this day when friends start getting into the political arena. One time we were all on the hill at Camp and he commented, "I like all you guys...and I want to continue to like all you guys...I don't need to know about your politics".

Here are a couple of posts about John;

LennG
Mojo and Gabes, where to start. Mojo  I met several times and there was never a nicer man you would want to meet. For those that didn't have the privilege of even knowing him, when he found out he was sick, he posted a sort of accounting of what he was going thru, different stages of his treatment and when he knew the end was near, his final thoughts. Truly one of the bravest men I ever met. I spoke to him over the phone maybe a week before he passed and he still had that sort of twinkle in his voice.Another who never had a bad word to say about anyone, and if any poster sort of got out of line, he had a way of personally writing to them, or just speaking to them and all of a sudden, things were OK again. For those that do not know, Mojo's son Aaron also posts here from time to time. Many of us met him and Mojo's family at one of our BB Q's,and several of us went to his gravesite to pay their respects. he lived in the Albany area, and never failed to attend any of our functions there.
Again, one of the nicest men anyone would ever want to meet.

Ed Vette
Then there was John Morrison (Mojo). I considered John my friend. We met up in Albany for camp a few times. One time just the two of us. We tossed the football back and forth as we discussed the team. We went to a game together on my birthday on a beautiful September Sunday and the Giants beat the Redskins. That was a great tailgate and a great day. We would keep in touch by E-mail and by phone, even through his illness. I'll never forget the day he finally felt well enough to speak to me after battling throat cancer and called me in the middle of the day just to tell me how much he appreciated my friendship and the friendship of all the folks from the board that he met and knew. I arranged a phone call the very next home game about a couple of weeks before he passed away at one of our tailgates and John was able to speak to his friends for the last time. That next summer we met Aaron and his mother Carol and the rest of the Morrison family at our BBQ get together. Many of us went to his gravesite to pray and pay our respects. I will never forget my friend John Morrison and the man he was.

Umass
I had the pleasure of meeting Mojo at camp one summer. I was the new guy at the picnic and he really went out of his way to make me feel welcome. We talked for a while and he really made an impression on me, I was very saddened to find out I would never have the chance to meet him again as I read the Mojo chronicles.

Moshik
"His football understanding was astonishing. He was very welcoming and friendly to new posters. He exuded warmth, sympathy, and intelligence. As far as I could tell, the only way to get him mad was to say a bad word about Harry Carson, his favorite player."

The picture was from Kevin RemembersHuff.

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,18749.0.html

https://giantsfans.net/message_board/index.php/topic,18749.0.html
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Ed: Great job.  Thanks.  By the way, that reminds me... what ever happened to Gabes?  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on August 05, 2021, 06:48:13 PM
Ed: Great job.  Thanks.  By the way, that reminds me... what ever happened to Gabes?  Bob
Gabes passed away. Read the thread and Drake
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Slugsy-Narrows

Giants training camp observations, Day 9: Multiple Daniel Jones turnovers, RB rotation, a surprising rookie and much more

https://www.nj.com/giants/2021/08/giants-training-camp-observations-day-9-multiple-daniel-jones-turnovers-rb-rotation-a-surprising-rookie-and-much-more.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slugsy-Narrows

Age of Rodarius: You might

Bob In PA

Notably, I think, a name we never seem to hear is Sam Beal.  Looks like the end of his time with the Giants might be near.  Bob

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on August 07, 2021, 05:32:33 AM
I absolutely love seeing this. Performing well against the twos is one thing, but yelling out that he wants the ones and then going in and making plays is the sort of attitude we should all be delighted to see.

No matter what happens, for a sixth round pick to be flashing as much as this guy has is always great. He believes he is worthy of making the team, and he has set out to show everyone exactly that. We can't ask for much more than that from a player taken this late in the draft. Great stuff.
Yep. Can Beal and keep this stud!

Jclayton92

When we cut Beal his cap hit is $1,113,240 and a dead cap value of $524,246. Zach Fultons was $1,212,500 so we should get that back, and Looney's was 666,000 so between the 3 it should net us 2 million back towards the cap.

Slugsy-Narrows

Quote from: Jclayton92 on August 07, 2021, 07:11:40 PM
When we cut Beal his cap hit is $1,113,240 and a dead cap value of $524,246. Zach Fultons was $1,212,500 so we should get that back, and Looney's was 666,000 so between the 3 it should net us 2 million back towards the cap.
What was chubbies?  We get his cap number back too right?

Slugsy-Narrows