News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Which positional needs would you like to see addressed day two?

Started by MightyGiants, April 01, 2024, 09:28:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which positional needs would you like to see addressed day 2 (vote for 2)

You may only select up to 2 options.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2024, 02:39:16 PMTentatively, a battle between Hawkins/Flott/A.Robinson/whoever from the draft, but I suspect we'll sign another FA, and it wouldn't surprise me if we get Adoree back on a vet min 1-year deal. Adoree isn't what he used to be, but he knows the system and has moments when he looks good. I suspect Hawkins will come to camp a year older, a year smarter (football wise), and in NFL shape and will win the battle, unless the Giants use their early capital on a CB, which I don't see happening, but what the heck do I know  :-??  I'm guessing like everyone else

I don't give any points for Adoree knowing the system because with a new DC comes a new system.  However I would not be averse to signing him on a team friendly contract IF he has shown himself, in the past, as a good mentor to the young guys.  In which case I might look for a CB on day 3 rather than 2.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

FWIW (my opinion)

WR class is extremely deep this year
CB class is very deep this year
RB class is deep, but none worthy of round 1 pick, maybe not even 2nd rd worthy
S  class is about average
LB class is weak this year except for stars Payton Wilson and Edgerren Cooper, after that, it's all downhill
OG class is top heavy and quite shallow
OT class is quite deep this year
DT class is top heavy, then drops off like a cliff (probably 2 or 3 will get drafted in 1st/early2nd round)
ER class is pretty deep
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 01, 2024, 02:57:39 PMFWIW (my opinion)

WR class is extremely deep this year
CB class is very deep this year
RB class is deep, but none worthy of round 1 pick, maybe not even 2nd rd worthy
S  class is about average
LB class is weak this year except for stars Payton Wilson and Edgerren Cooper, after that, it's all downhill
OG class is top heavy and quite shallow
OT class is quite deep this year
DT class is top heavy, then drops off like a cliff (probably 2 or 3 will get drafted in 1st/early2nd round)
ER class is pretty deep

I heard the CB class is deep at slot but a bit shallow at boundary/outside
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 01, 2024, 03:17:41 PMI heard the CB class is deep at slot but a bit shallow at boundary/outside

That's true. Field stretching outside receivers are rare every year...and just as rare on most teams. There's probably a couple after the top 3 go off the board this year (Brian Thomas is 6'3" and turned in the fastest time 4.33 of the big guys), Adonai Mitchell 6'2" ran a 4.34, Franklin, Legette, Wilson...all run 4.4, but on the shorter side than Thomas and Mitchell). Worthy ran a 4.22, but is a little guy compared to the big 3 or 4. Some consider Bowers more of a WR than TE, but he has incredible hands and route running, and can still block in-line. He's 6'3" and has run in the 4.4s and is 3 inches taller than Nabor

Whoops, missed #12

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

londonblue

If we select a QB we need to add a WR and a RB to build out the O room but can do that in R3-6. I think outside CB, S, 3T and NCB are all bigger needs. I hate the outside CB group but I like the NCB and several safeties. The DT class is take high or more of a day 3 project. So, for me improve our DB group day 2/high day 3.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

Jclayton92

There's about 90 real prospects in this draft and the rest are filler. So whatever gets us the most talent early on then I'm all for.