News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

DRAFT PICK THREADS- MERGED

Started by MightyGiants, April 28, 2011, 10:12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

MEDIA Q&A WITH GENERAL MANAGER JERRY REESE: (Video) James Brewer, Indiana
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

MEDIA Q&A WITH GENERAL MANAGER JERRY REESE: (Video) Tyler Sash
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Slick

They've already laid the law down to him as they did for Bradshaw,who has been a perfect citizen. He didn't molest children,sell weapons to terrorists, beat his mother up, or torture and kill dogs,so give him a chance. He probably never saw a dollar until some sleezy agent flashed a few in front of him.

From the film I saw of him he could be a true beast on the field. If he's not smart enough to realize that a fortune awaits him for playing a game,then he deserves to have to depend on his college education to make a living,which should shortly have him living in a shelter.

He along with Joseph will be the starters next year,and the position will be secure for several years. Cofield can take his overinflated ego to another team.I don't blame him for wanting to get his free agent payday,but he was nothing more than a solid tackle,which is good,but he has convinced himself that he's a great tackle,which he's not. If he returned at a fair price the position would be very strong,but he's reaching for the moon.Good luck with that.

Slick

Anybody wanting complete profiles on all the draft picks go to Giants .com.

vette5573

The difference here PSU is night and day. Watch the film on this kid. You're gonna love what you see.

I'm really excited about this pick.

Slick

I like this pick. He won't win a beauty contest,but despite his lack of athleticism he looks like he can play the game. Nothing flashy,but he strikes me as a player you'll like having on your team.Something like Chase Blackburn. He plays a position that needs depth,he will make the team. 

squibber

NYSPORTS

TONKA56

Quote from: Slick on April 30, 2011, 09:44:29 PM
They've already laid the law down to him as they did for Bradshaw,who has been a perfect citizen. He didn't molest children,sell weapons to terrorists, beat his mother up, or torture and kill dogs,so give him a chance. He probably never saw a dollar until some sleezy agent flashed a few in front of him.

From the film I saw of him he could be a true beast on the field. If he's not smart enough to realize that a fortune awaits him for playing a game,then he deserves to have to depend on his college education to make a living,which should shortly have him living in a shelter.

He along with Joseph will be the starters next year,and the position will be secure for several years. Cofield can take his overinflated ego to another team.I don't blame him for wanting to get his free agent payday,but he was nothing more than a solid tackle,which is good,but he has convinced himself that he's a great tackle,which he's not. If he returned at a fair price the position would be very strong,but he's reaching for the moon.Good luck with that.

Cofield was our best DL last year.  I guess I just haven't seen the "overinflated" ego that you have witnessed.

Gmo11

Well I'm sure Sinorice had a highlight film when he came out of college too.  And he came out of Miami not Troy.  Now I'm not saying this guy is as horrible as Moss, but the comparison is fair.  Both small, fast, WRs who will have a tough time seeing the football field.

Slick

Look harder...he was the best lineman,but that doesn't make him Allen Page.

Fla-Gman

Jesse Armstead was a converted safety.  He grew into the position over time.

GiantFan67

From 2010 roster at USF web site:

57    Williams, Jacquian  LB  6-3  216  Sr.  Tampa, FL (Fort Scott CC) (Riverview HS) 

GiantFan67

The Sun Belt conference isn't exactly the NFC. I guess I'll wait and see.

bamagiantfan

I know it is a ridiculous comparison, but he reminds me a little of Jerry Rice or Chris Johnson with the way he runs away from people. Nothing shifty or fancy, just one move and then.......see ya.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)