News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Favorite Current NYG Players?

Started by Ed Vette, May 31, 2023, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Shepard
Jones
Barkley

I admire their tenacity and resilience in adversity.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Jones - the guy is the poster boy for determination, grit, and toughness.

Waller- I like how he carries himself and find his life story compelling.

Kayvon Thibodeaux-  I admire his willingness to be himself.

Tyrod Taylor- From what I have seen a really good man and a consummate team player

I tried to limit it to three but I couldn't decide which one to drop (Thibs or T2) so I kept both. :D
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

To me: It's Daniel Jones and Saquon Barkley right out of the gate - don't even have to think about it.

My third choice is hard because it's basically a toss up between Thomas, Thibs, Dex, Hodgins, and Bellinger. It's going to get even harder after this season with Waller, JMS, Banks, and Neal if he steps it up, and any of the new receivers if they have a breakout year.
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

It's responses like this one that has Thibs among my favorites

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1663944814541299713
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

Graham Gano - precision and class. One of the best placekickers the Giants have ever signed and has done great things for the Giants.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

spiderblue43

Bellinger..Lawrence..Jones.. :ok:

True Blue

Isaiah Hodgins
Darius Slayton
Andrew Thomas
Dexter Lawrence
Kayvon Thibodeaux
Darren Waller if he can still go

Philosophers

Favorite current players

DJ
Barkley
Waller
McKinney

Rookies/UDFAs
Hyatt
Banks
JMS
Bryce Ford Wheaton - with his size/speed, I really want to see him develop.  I want Plax 2.0.

Ed Vette

Quote from: Philosophers on May 31, 2023, 01:48:30 PMFavorite current players

DJ
Barkley
Waller
McKinney

Rookies/UDFAs
Hyatt
Banks
JMS
Bryce Ford Wheaton - with his size/speed, I really want to see him develop.  I want Plax 2.0.
Hyatt is my favorite rookie. The kid's gonna have personality.

Waller my favorite FA.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 31, 2023, 02:38:03 PMHyatt is my favorite rookie. The kid's gonna have personality.

Waller my favorite FA.

I'm with you on Hyatt.  I think he is most likely to overperform expectations, partly based on his speed and partly based on the potential of his hands.  And there seems to be split opinion on his route running so we'll see.  My sense is that he wasn't asked to run many routes and it's hard to get good at something your never asked to do.  So hopefully he can learn and polish.

I'm a little torn between Waller and Okereke, mainly due to health.  In his 4 year career he's only missed 2 games whereas Waller has missed 39 games in 7 seasons.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Painter

Hadron

UncannyGfan

Thomas and Thibodeaux. 

Thomas is in contention for being the best OLT in the league and I don't think it's a coincidence that Lawarence had his best season with Thibodeaux on the DL.  We're lucky they found premium players at premium positions.

BluesCruz

Hodgins
McKinney
Slayton
Bellinger
Gano
Jones
Kavon
Lawrence
Coughlin
Jackson
Thomas
Williams

I dont know what the commonality is between all these guys but they are all winners

I like Schoen too......Daboll has to beat the Boys and or Eagles before I'm totally onboard.  He is too in love with last minute wins for my taste

I'd add Gary Brightwell to the list too.....love his straight ahead headlong slashing running style

Mike Shanahan used to say "we are going to try to open 2 holes for you- pick one and dont hesitate or you will be on the bench"
Shanahan would have liked Brightwell and Brieda too for that matter......both guys can get the tough yds between the tackles

Barkley is always trying to bounce it outside- works too but not as effective just moving the chain marker, more of a feast or famine move.

Very sad to see Love, James and "this guy" have left-

"New York reportedly will trot out practice-squad quarterback Davis Webb against the Eagles with veteran Tyrod Taylor serving as the backup.

It will be the first career start for Webb, a third-round pick by the Giants in 2017. He has played four total offensive snaps over his career and has never attempted a pass in an NFL game."  LOL

He almost beat Eagles.....would have been the upset of the century

This was Webbs stat line for that Eagles game
New York Giants   1   40   23   57.5   168   4.2   25   1   0   11   27.5   1   0   0   75.8

75.8 QBR not bad, not bad at all

just realized how he trucked that DB- Davis Webb was 6'5 225 lbs- big boy.     Somehow this reminds me of the Jared Lorenzen story

Webbs college career at TexasTech where he replaced Baker Mayfield and at California were outstanding........its puzzling he never got a real shot.
He is now QBs coach under Sean Payton at Denver.........wish him well
I wonder after all these years if Payton still secretly roots for the NYG and that might be the connection
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

Jclayton92

Under the radar guys

Flott-because I hope he replaces Holmes 
Pinnock- brings the heat
Dre Miller- I like his movement and hands

Big names
Lawrence
Thibodeaux
Mckinney