News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Reports from OTA 5

Started by MightyGiants, May 31, 2023, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I expect to hear Hyatt's name be more connected to the starters as preseason gets further along.  I think he does have a lot to learn, but they liked him a lot leading up to the draft so their selection of him and willingness to draft him in second round says they want him to be a starter.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on May 31, 2023, 12:59:25 PMI expect to hear Hyatt's name be more connected to the starters as preseason gets further along.  I think he does have a lot to learn, but they liked him a lot leading up to the draft so their selection of him and willingness to draft him in second round says they want him to be a starter.

I think seeing who ends up being starters and key role players among the WRs will be one of the most interesting battles to watch
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Anyone know how Bryce Ford Wheaton has been doing in the OTAs?

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on May 31, 2023, 01:45:55 PMAnyone know how Bryce Ford Wheaton has been doing in the OTAs?

Pat mentioned him today

Undrafted free agent receiver Bryce Ford-Wheaton had a decent day, making a couple of tough catches with defenders around him. He did, however, have a ball sail right through his hands despite not having anyone around him
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Even though corner is one of the toughest positions to transition from college to pro, I have a very hard time envisioning any scenario where a healthy banks isn't starting on week one. I guess if he really stunk it up consistently in camp and the preseason they could hold off and wait a few weeks, but I expect him to start right away. I think the coaches understand there will be some growing pains in year one.