News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Update on Waller

Started by MightyGiants, December 06, 2023, 02:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gman329

Honestly, I had forgotten he was even on the team. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: Gman329 on December 06, 2023, 03:13:16 PMHonestly, I had forgotten he was even on the team. 

Can't blame you, he has contributed very little to the team (especially compared to expectations)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Just in time for TT after the Giants get their asses kicked by GB.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on December 06, 2023, 03:14:31 PMCan't blame you, he has contributed very little to the team (especially compared to expectations)

If people were realistic and based their expectations on Waller's recent seasons, rather than years like 2019, then I'm not sure I would agree that he has significantly underdelivered versus reasonable expectations.

killarich

Bigger question

Do we keep Waller next season ? Especially if we draft a QB . Do we keep him in hopes of finally being healthy and a weapon ?

Isnt his contract sttructured in a way that f he was cut after a year it doesnt hurt the cap that bad ?

PackersNation

Quote from: Ed Vette on December 06, 2023, 03:17:23 PMafter the Giants get their asses kicked by GB.

Hey now, don't keep talking about an "ass" kicking. You know the drill. The Packers respect all their opponents, but fear none of them.

The Giants are well coached, and have a quality roster. They present a lot of challenges. The Pack will have to play a great game to have any chance to win.

Wait, what? Playoffs? Are you kidding me? Playoffs!? I just hope we can win a game.

Hadron

Quote from: Gman329 on December 06, 2023, 03:13:16 PMHonestly, I had forgotten he was even on the team. 

I came to post the same thing.

=))

Ed Vette

Quote from: killarich on December 07, 2023, 02:11:45 AMBigger question

Do we keep Waller next season ? Especially if we draft a QB . Do we keep him in hopes of finally being healthy and a weapon ?

Isnt his contract sttructured in a way that f he was cut after a year it doesnt hurt the cap that bad ?
If they cut him, they save about 6.5 million on a dead cap of about 7.9 mil. It makes more sense to give him another year. Unless they need to Cap Space.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: killarich on December 07, 2023, 02:11:45 AMBigger question

I'd keep him and hope he stays healthier. You could perhaps allow Bellinger some more pass catching opportunities if he gets injured.

DaveBrown74

Just while we're talking about Waller and Bellinger, if we aren't taking a QB, would drafting Brock Bowers out of UGA at something like 8th-10th (if we were picking there) be completely crazy? I personally believe him to be a game-changing caliber talent. I know we have Bellinger and Waller, but Waller is a temporary guy who will only be here for another year or two (if that) and Bellinger, while solid, is not what I would call a special talent at TE. Bowers has a chance to be a Gronk/Kelce type talent potentially.

TDToomer

Absolutely keep him considering what we gave up to get him. He was never one and done.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on December 07, 2023, 10:50:01 AMAbsolutely keep him considering what we gave up to get him. He was never one and done.

Agreed.

We essentially traded Toney for Waller.

I have zero regrets about that.