News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Red Flags on new OL Coach?

Started by ozzie, January 23, 2024, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDToomer

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 23, 2024, 09:42:14 AMThe players don't love him, doesn't exactly equate to the traits you suggested

Who says the players don't love him? I don't care if they do. I want players who would run through a brick wall for their coach.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

nb587

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 23, 2024, 01:21:04 PMNeil,

I listened/read both.  I don't think they are incompatible.  Our new coach has been objectively successful, and some players like him.  That doesn't preclude the possibility that he rubs other players the wrong way. 

As I mentioned earlier, my biggest concern is the Raiders let him go.  Look at how Atlanta is guarding their quality offensive line coach even though they haven't hired a new head coach.

That all said, I am still hopeful about our new hire.
I thought Atlanta changed and allowed the OL coach to be interviewed but Bricillo had already been hired.  My question is which of the 2 is more highly regarded.  Second question is has anything been written about which of the 2 would have been the choice if both were available

MightyGiants

Quote from: nb587 on January 23, 2024, 02:42:47 PMI thought Atlanta changed and allowed the OL coach to be interviewed but Bricillo had already been hired.  My question is which of the 2 is more highly regarded.  Second question is has anything been written about which of the 2 would have been the choice if both were available

I saw speculation that the Falcons would now allow teams to interview Dwayne Ledford, but my Google research couldn't find any reports of him interviewing with another NFL team.

To answer your second question, I think Dwayne Ledford is the coach with the better reputation.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Gotta say Dave that post does not inspire me

Lets see what he brings to the party :ok:
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"