News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Jones throwing with accuracy and velocity

Started by MightyGiants, May 22, 2024, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200, katkavage and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

I know this will make you feel better.   :yes:  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Trench

Reminds me of "Billy Martin is tanned and rested"

kingm56

Sounds very similar to the reports from those who attended camp last season; for myself, I have never been worried about DJ's arm, or legs.  My primary concern has always been with his ability to process plays, anticipate throws, and deliver the ball through tight windows.  Having said that, I am happy he's healthy and able to showcase his skills. I am confident that DJ will work to be ready for the season; nobody should ever question his work ethic!   

Gmo11

I'm with King. He's throwing with accuracy and velocity. Cool. Better than the alternative but doesn't move the needle much for me. Let's see him do those things in a real game against a real defense before we start thinking year 6 is the year he finally figures it all out.

MightyGiants

A report from a reporter posted a positive report on the starting QB and it's met here with 4 negative replies.   This seems to be in contrast to claims that everyone is rooting for Daniel Jones to succeed.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 06:38:08 AMA report from a reporter posted a positive report on the starting QB and it's met here with 4 negative replies.   This seems to be in contrast to claims that everyone is rooting for Daniel Jones to succeed.

I read one negative reply and 3 indicating that they've heard/seen this type of stuff before and after 6 years are refusing to get excited in May.

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on Today at 06:44:35 AMI read one negative reply and 3 indicating that they've heard/seen this type of stuff before and after 6 years are refusing to get excited in May.

Ed,

I am not sure I agree with your framing.  DJ is returning from a neck injury (stinger) that some claim impacted his throwing on his return last season and an ACL.  At this point, the focus is on Daniel Jones returning to full health and being functional as before.  So, no one needs to be "excited" at this point.  It was good news in terms of his recovery.  At the very least, as humans, we should be happy for Daniel Jones, the man, that he is physically recovering from his injuries.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

EDjohnst1981

Again, I don't think anyone has expressed any displeasure that he's healthy and back at it.

The absolute vast majority of this board, myself included, want DJ to succeed - it's going to mean the Giants are good.

I think having a degree apprehension until it's seen in a live regular season game is justified after everything we've been through.

But perhaps I just read it different than you have; if so, both points are view are equally valid.

I hope you're on the mend as well. Look after yourself
Ed

MightyGiants

Quote from: EDjohnst1981 on Today at 08:01:28 AMAgain, I don't think anyone has expressed any displeasure that he's healthy and back at it.

The absolute vast majority of this board, myself included, want DJ to succeed - it's going to mean the Giants are good.

I think having a degree apprehension until it's seen in a live regular season game is justified after everything we've been through.

But perhaps I just read it different than you have; if so, both points are view are equally valid.

I hope you're on the mend as well. Look after yourself
Ed

I believe I am heading in the right direction; thank you.  Take my recovery.  I see some of the responses being akin to me saying-  "The dentist temporally fixed my tooth," and the reply, "That's nice, but your foot is still broken."

DJ's hopeful recovery and return will come in steps.  At this point, it's about throwing and moving, especially just being in OTAs.  The area of concern will be hinted at in training camp and maybe if he plays in a PS game (not sure that will happen).  More likely, we will not be able to see about the concerns until the season starts.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sxdxca38

Quote from: Gmo11 on Today at 06:17:32 AMI'm with King. He's throwing with accuracy and velocity. Cool. Better than the alternative but doesn't move the needle much for me. Let's see him do those things in a real game against a real defense before we start thinking year 6 is the year he finally figures it all out.

Hi GMO,

Good to hear from you.

However, you said you hope he finally figures it out in year six, however DJ already posted a 93.2 RTG which ranked him 13th, and a 60.6 QBR which ranked him 6th in 2022.

3900 total yards from rushing and passing, as well as a 22 TD to 5 Int ratio.

This all happened in his fourth year, while sitting for game 17 because they had already locked up a playoff birth.

Wouldn't you say he's already done those things against a live defense?

I'm now off to work.

Philosophers

Quote from: kingm56 on Today at 02:56:54 AMSounds very similar to the reports from those who attended camp last season; for myself, I have never been worried about DJ's arm, or legs.  My primary concern has always been with his ability to process plays, anticipate throws, and deliver the ball through tight windows.  Having said that, I am happy he's healthy and able to showcase his skills. I am confident that DJ will work to be ready for the season; nobody should ever question
his work ethic!   

Funny part is I think he can fit it in tight windows but I'll bet he does not think he can hence one of his major oroblems.

kingm56

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 10:10:01 AMFunny part is I think he can fit it in tight windows but I'll bet he does not think he can hence one of his major oroblems.

He has a nice spiral and possess a good enough arm strength; in short, you're probably right, Joe.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 10:10:01 AMFunny part is I think he can fit it in tight windows but I'll bet he does not think he can hence one of his major oroblems.

Perhaps the tight window issue is because Garrett drilled it into DJ's head he shouldn't take any chances.  The Joe Judge era was terrible for DJ's development.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

H-Town G-Fan

Report appears to be from the "team reporter" since this 7-on-7 session DJ threw at was closed to media? Wouldn't expect anything other than positives from such a source. Hopefully DJ is progressing in his recovery, but I'm not buying anything this team is selling behind closed doors at this point in the offseason.