News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants had 170 players with draftable grades that stayed in school

Started by MightyGiants, April 18, 2024, 01:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

MightyGiants

Quote from: AZGiantFan on April 18, 2024, 01:22:17 PMDoes that mean that from the Giants' perspective next year's draft will be loaded?

Possibly, but it will depend again on how many draftable players opt to stay in school.  NIL has really encouraged players to take their time going to the NFL
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Draftable as what?  Unless we know where their grades were it is sort of meaningless.  Also I am sure every year they have draftable grades in players who return to school.  Sort of a meaningless comment without more context.

uconnjack8

Quote from: Philosophers on April 18, 2024, 01:32:15 PMDraftable as what?  Unless we know where their grades were it is sort of meaningless.  Also I am sure every year they have draftable grades in players who return to school.  Sort of a meaningless comment without more context.

Agreed.  A lot if times guys go back to school because they ask the NFL for an opinion of where they would be drafted if they came out.  If those guys had 3rd day grades that would explain them going back to school.  Some will improve their grade this year and some will go the other way.

Jclayton92

Goes back to what most scouts said, there isn't much past the top 90 in the class.