News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosophers

I live in Marina Del Rey, California about 2 blocks from the Pacific Ocean.  I have been a Giants fan since the late 1960s/early 1970s.  I grew up in the NYC area but moved out to California about 6 years ago.  I'm a University of Michigan graduate, both undergraduate and graduate school.  I bleed the maize and blue as well.

I've worked in investment banking my entire life, more specifically in fixed income structuring and trading structured mortgage derivative products, basically the exotic securities that are bringing down the world credit markets.  I love to golf, surf, ski and hike.  Living here is fantastic if you enjoys those hobbies.

I must say that I have found the tone on this board to be wonderfully more civil than on the previous BBWC board.  Many of the same folks migrated here, but I am not reading posts that rip other posters. 

Peace to all.

retrojint

Good to hear from you Philosophers.  I am sure you are thrilled to the marrow with the Manningham selection.  And congratulations on Michigan for restoring some semblance of Big Ten pride when they beat Florida last year.  I look forward to your insights on football.  By the way a certain board administrator was highly agitated when the Giants did not take Mike Hart in the sixth round.  Seriously I think he's in a better spot in Indy. 

SaratogaChris

I live in Saratoga Springs (I know, shocking).

I have been a Giants fan since around 1980.

I work in IT, for a local college.

I used to post on the original BBWC, then made the several switches to what is now the current board. I stopped posting on there around the time Gabes passed away, mostly because I was laid off from my job, and was too busy trying not to lose my house to post on a Giants board. Several times I almost went back, but the crowd seemed different.

MightyGiants

Welcome Chris, you live in a really nice area.  Usually I spend a day in your home town, when I go up for my annual Albany visit.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Thanks Retro for your kind words.  I like Mario as a 3rd round pick.  He has great skills but a head that has historically been up his a$$.  I am cautiously optimistic.  He is a good route runner with  very consistent soft hands so I believe we may be seeing the last of Sinorice.  Right now, Ohio State is the class of the Big 10 with Michigan a distant second.  I love the hiring of Rich Rod as he has that kick you in the a$$ mentality that Lloyd Carr seemed to have lost.  Actually I think Rich Rod will be good for the Big 10.  Generally he has a lot of speed at every position, particularly in the interior and I think that will force the Big 10 to get faster.  OSU and the rest have speed at DBs and WRs, but generally not at LB or DL.  I think that is one reason the Big 10 gets smacked by the SEC annually.  The best hiring of Rich Rod was his S&C coach, Mike Barwis.  He makes fast players faster whereas Gittleman made fast players slower.  Michigan players will be much leaner than in year's past.  It will take 3 years to get the kind of players Rich Rod needs so I think next season could be an ugly 4 loss season.

michaelvv53

I live in Point Lookout, New York (Long Island) but I also lived in Baldwin, Long Island for twenty years. I grew up in Brooklyn.

I've worked in Banking for the past 25 years.

I have been a Giants Fan since 1967 and during my early years as a fan I really enjoyed listening to Marty Glickman do the games on radio.

I don't post much, but I really enjoy coming here every day reading about Giants Football.

MightyGiants

Welcome Michael, your ideas and thoughts are most welcome.   I encourage everyone to post their thoughts and ideas.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

LennG

Hey Mike, you are a hop, skip and jump away from me. I also live in Nassau County, West Hempstead to be specific. We are practically neighbors.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Cottage

1)  I live in Rochester, NY.  I have a Cottage on Guffins Bay closer to Watertown (hence the alias).  I have more time in the summer to relax and post on the site than I do during football season. 

2)  I run engineering and operations for a Telecommunications/Networking company here in Rochester.

3)  I am 32 and have been a fan since I was about 10.  The 85 and 86 seasons are my first real memories of being enthralled watching a football game.  The NFC Championship game against the 49ers and of course the SB in 86 were it for me.  I grew up with my Grandparents mostly and they never cared for sports so I had to watch games however I could.  I remember my Grandfather had Firehouse Meetings on Monday night so I would always look forward to the G-Men on Mondays when they played.  I started to be an "Avid" fan probably in the mid-late 90's where I started watching every game and really getting to know the make up of the team.

4)  I have been posting - mostly reading - on this and other iterations of this board for almost 10 years.  I have a 3 year old Giants fan.  My wife does her own thing on Sundays (rides horses mostly) so I look forward to the 4-5 hours on Sunday with my Daughter about as much as anything in the world! 

Kmed6000

I know what you mean Cottage.  My wife isn't a football fan either and she usually goes out(a good excuse to go shopping) while the games are on.  My daughter will be 2 in November so I am going to get her started on the Giants.  I have her screaming "Yaaaaaayyy" and throwing her arms up when I say "Giants" so it's a start.

Welcome to the board.

Cottage

Thanks Kmed.

My Daughter was born in September, so the first football season was easy - she couldn't go anywhere  :yes:  She does cheer when they score and I taught my dog to high five when I have her sit and I say "touchdown, high five"  We worked on that for a whole season a couple years back.

Now I usually Tivo the game so for a 1:00 for example I start watching it around 2-2:30 and zip trough the commercials to keep her attention.  We play outside or whatever while the game is recording to guard against accidentally hearing a score. 

MightyGiants

Cottage,

I would also like to extend a welcome to this version of the board.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Kmed6000

nygnts4ever

1.  I now live in Tampa, FL.  I've been here a little more than 2.5 years, and wish I would have made the move 25 years ago.  My Dad was Navy, so we made the obligatory move every two years or so.  Most of my youth was spent in redskins territory...Va Beach, and near DC.

2.  I've been a NY GIANTS fan since I can remember.  My parents are both from Staten Island, and most of my relatives are Jets fans....given my disposition, pulling for the GIANTS was a no brainer.  I'm 45 now, so I've been a fan since at least the late 60's.....obviously the 70's were tough, especially considering my best friend was a cowboys fan...ouch

3.  I'm currently an IT Manager for a company in Largo, FL that focuses on risk analysis and policy management for insurance companies.  My background is in Marketing, but about 5 years ago I decided to go into the IT world.  I'm currently half way through obtaining my MCSE certification, and am not sure which direction I'll head after that...loving life in the IT world...good stuff.

4.  Up until now, I've been terminally single.....45, never been married...no jokes or questions please...lol.  Now that I'm in FL, and after I get a bit more stabilized in the new career, I'll be ready for that "Rest of My Life" lady....somehow my love for sports, and in particular, the GIANTS, has been a little stumbling block in my previous relationships....

Of course, my taste in women may have something to do with that....last two significant others have been a 'boys fan and a 'skins fan....not good.
Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

LennG

Welcome aboard. Nice story
  If you want, post a hello to the board and tell them your story. we are like a family here, and you will be warmly welcomed
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss