News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T200

Quote from: Ron in NJ on June 06, 2020, 05:31:42 PM
Hello

I live in NJ but my name is not Ron
Been a giant fan my entire life, both parents are big fans
Been posting on giants message boards for a long time, originally on the giants.com boards and then on one of the other boards until the moderators got too heavy handed for my liking.

Looking forward to discussing the team and other topics with you guys.
Welcome to our little corner of the web, "Ron"  ;)

I hope you find the content to your liking and it keeps you around. If you don't like the content, feel free to post your own thoughts and views. We all work together to make this site great. Regarding the heavy-handed moderation, please be sure to read the site rules. We're not heavy-handed and we do our best to be fair and respectful. Do that and you'll be more than fine here.

See you on the boards!
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MagicRat

Smell my cheese you mother!

Linfield bob

Thanks magic, no definitely not, I would love to get to game at MetLife but at the minute I can

y_so_blu

1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
The Twin Cities. Great place to raise the kids if I had any. The winters are pretty harsh, but at least they keep out Kim Kardashian.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
Almost two years. They have a great fan base online and I love Saquon Barkley, so those things helped. But the one who really sold me on them was Joe Judge. His first press conference as Giants coach just floored me. I knew this was something I wanted to be a part of.

3)  What do you do for a living?
I work at a department store, where I tidy up shelves and ponder the mysteries of the universe.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
I've been a football fan ever since watching Super Bowl XXIX as a kid. I love writing, listening to heavy metal, and collecting Giants merch.

jimv

I believe I am the 2nd oldest fan on the BBH.  Dan the Man is the only one older.  I'll be 89 on Sep 16th.

My earliest Giant memory is the Giant/Dodger game on Pearl Harbor day in 1941.  The announcement of the attack came over the radio during the game.

I really became interested in the Team in 1945; they lost the Championship Game to the Bears.

I entered the Board thru the good graces of Patty Traina.

I've seen just about all there is to see over the course of my fanship.

My wife Marie & ! will celebrate our 67th Wedding Anniversary in September.  We live in Gorham ME.  We've had four children; Jim, Cathy Beth & Ursula.  Jim died from the effects of diabetes in 1998.  I have two Grandchildren & one Great Grandchild.

I'm a retired Supervisory Meteorologist with NWS.  I'm also a retired Col. with the USAF.

LennG

Quote from: y_so_blu on July 02, 2021, 01:48:49 PM
1)  What part of the Country do you live in?
The Twin Cities. Great place to raise the kids if I had any. The winters are pretty harsh, but at least they keep out Kim Kardashian.

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan?
Almost two years. They have a great fan base online and I love Saquon Barkley, so those things helped. But the one who really sold me on them was Joe Judge. His first press conference as Giants coach just floored me. I knew this was something I wanted to be a part of.

3)  What do you do for a living?
I work at a department store, where I tidy up shelves and ponder the mysteries of the universe.

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself?
I've been a football fan ever since watching Super Bowl XXIX as a kid. I love writing, listening to heavy metal, and collecting Giants merch.

Welcome to our boards.

If you don't mind me asking, how old you are and were you interested in football before becoming a Giants fan? Is so, did you ever root for the Vikings?
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

y_so_blu

Quote from: LennG on July 03, 2021, 11:50:50 AM
Welcome to our boards.

If you don't mind me asking, how old you are and were you interested in football before becoming a Giants fan? Is so, did you ever root for the Vikings?
I'm 35 and yes, I have been interested in football for as long as I can remember. I grew up rooting for the Vikings, but after 20+ years I got tired of the constant playoff letdowns and moved on.

LennG

Quote from: y_so_blu on July 04, 2021, 01:04:05 AM
I'm 35 and yes, I have been interested in football for as long as I can remember. I grew up rooting for the Vikings, but after 20+ years I got tired of the constant playoff letdowns and moved on.

Ha, so you go from a winning franchise to a team that, over the last few years, has had the worst record in the entire NFL.   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome aboard. You fit right in =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I noticed on one of the posts that you have me living in Oceanside NY.  That's where I was born.  I live in Gorham ME!  The info about being brought up in Valley Stream IS correct.  Rich, can you or someone make the correction?  THANKS!!! =D>

T200

Quote from: jimv on June 13, 2022, 10:50:29 PMI noticed on one of the posts that you have me living in Oceanside NY.  That's where I was born.  I live in Gorham ME!  The info about being brought up in Valley Stream IS correct.  Rich, can you or someone make the correction?  THANKS!!! =D>
Hey Jim,

Was it in this thread? I did a search of the thread for "Oceanside" and only one result returned. If you can provide a link to the post, I can edit it to reflect your current city/state.

MightyGiants

Quote from: jimv on June 13, 2022, 10:50:29 PMI noticed on one of the posts that you have me living in Oceanside NY.  That's where I was born.  I live in Gorham ME!  The info about being brought up in Valley Stream IS correct.  Rich, can you or someone make the correction?  THANKS!!! =D>

I fixed it for you
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Thin Blue Line

1)  I was born and raised in Princeton, NJ, but have lived in the Leesburg, VA area for more than 20 years

2)  I have been a GIANTS' fan since the late 70s. It was an inauspicious start to my fandom with Miracle at the Meadowlands and the death of Troy Archer, but things got much better starting in the 80s. Five SB appearances and four SB wins have provided much joy over the years.

3)  I spent roughly 27 years in federal law enforcement with the U.S. Marshals Service, before retiring in 2017.

4)  My wife and I have committed many years to raising and competing our Rhodesian Ridgebacks in both conformation and field competitions.  This breed has been our passion since we got our first RR in 1997.

T200

Quote from: Thin Blue Line on November 05, 2022, 03:36:40 PM1)  I was born and raised in Princeton, NJ, but have lived in the Leesburg, VA area for more than 20 years

2)  I have been a GIANTS' fan since the late 70s. It was an inauspicious start to my fandom with Miracle at the Meadowlands and the death of Troy Archer, but things got much better starting in the 80s. Five SB appearances and four SB wins have provided much joy over the years.

3)  I spent roughly 27 years in federal law enforcement with the U.S. Marshals Service, before retiring in 2017.

4)  My wife and I have committed many years to raising and competing our Rhodesian Ridgebacks in both conformation and field competitions.  This breed has been our passion since we got our first RR in 1997.
Welcome to our little Big Blue corner of the Internet, Bruce!

How did you find us?

Tim