News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

**Members Profiles**- Post a little about yourself (now with complete list)

Started by MightyGiants, August 29, 2007, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam56

Love these stories also. Welcome to the new posters.

I too was born in Brooklyn and lived in Baldwin for a couple of years (18 Remsen Street, I do believe).

Looking forward to reading all the new members opinions and posts.

jerseyguy

nice to be here,
I have been a Giant fan since the 60's and grew up in Jersey City where I was one the those typical smart ass wise guys always looking for trouble, you know the type. I have been married to the same girl who I met in my freshman math class in high school for over 50 years. My first experience with the Giants goes back to Yankee Stadium on a day when we were playing the Eagles and I was sitting in the end zone seats and clearly remember hearing the bone crack in Hopalong Cassidy's leg while trying to run the ball out of the end zone on a kickoff, it was snowing, raining and sleeting, typical Giants weather. Retired now and loving it and enjoying the class of guys who post on here.....

LennG

Glad to have another member of the 'senior' division here. There are several of us who go back to the 'old' stadium. I never saw a Giants game in Yankee Stadium LIVE, but my memories of those days are as clear now, as they were back then. (or, at least I think they are  ;))
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

giantsindallas

New here. Usually over at the over forum. So hai everyone!

1. Born in Dallas, still in Dallas

2. First game I really watched was the 1991 SB win.

3. Bartender

4. My dad was born outside of Dallas. Growing up he was huge Yanks fan and naturally so was I. He hated the Cowboys. He liked the Vikings, but cheered for Wash to tick off the Cowgirl fans. Yea it's confusing. So when I was a kid I picked the Giants as my team. I figured we like the Yanks, so I went with Giants. Thank God I didn't pick Jets!! My sister went with the Aints. My mom could care less. LOL

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Cosmo

I just registered today after lurking for quite a while.  The only reason I do that is because other boards tend to do their best to intimidate females and bash them. 
Besides my intense devotion to the Giants as far back as I remember, my family and my pets mean the world to me.  I was married 45 years last June to the same guy and marvel at how he's put up with me that long.  He's very much a NASCAR fan and we highly respect each other's choices.  I have Giants paraphernalia all over the house inside and out but he is not so decorative and accepts the Giants bed set very graciously.
My mom is 96 this year and absolutely loves the Giants.  My girls aren't as avid but know not to call or drop in when the game is on. My granddaughter is also a fan at 11 and has been since she was born. My 2nd granddaughter is due next month and already has enough Giants clothes to learn to be a fan also.
The name Cosmo comes from a cat that I rescued and is a huge beast that can rock the house when he purrs.  We also have another smaller cat and a Golden Retriever who is the silliest thing imaginable.
Career-wise I'm a Corporate Controller for an Audi and a BMW dealership and love what I do.  Anybody in the market for new,used or service just holler out.  The owners are avid Giants fans and give me their season tickets a few times a year.  They are not typical car dealers in any way.  My office is also laden with Giants paraphernalia. Only one employee is a Dallas fan and one other is a Patriots fan.  The rest love the Giants which makes work enjoyable.
Amani Toomer is my heart throb and has been since day one. (I even sleep in his Jersey)  I never make excuses for a loss since everybody has one.  Some day I hope to make it up to Albany for training camp.
AUDI.......................never follow.

terrymeisner

welcome cosmo....it sounds like you will fit right in here.....go Giants!!!!!

LennG

I second Terry's welcome. Who cafres what sex you are, all that counts is the Giants fan label.

You sound about my age, and if you nwere a Giants fan all that time, you go back to the days when most here just don't remember. But we have quite a few 'oldies but goodies' here, so you definately will fit right in.

Again, welcome.  Where are you from, then and now????
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Cosmo

Thanks to both of you.  I grew up in North Plainfield, NJ and have spent my married life in South Bound Brook, NJ, a small town about 2 miles square where my husband grew up.  I have one son who was born with brain damage and resides close by in a development center, two daughters, two son-in-laws and one gorgeous granddaughter and a new one coming next month.  My one son-in-law goes to the games with me and when we can't watch the games together we are texting throughout the game along with most of the people I work with. 
Normally I'm not home week days. But I took a dive down the basement stairs and split my head open. As I sit here and heal I'm watching NFL Network and reading all of your articles almost 24/7. 
I do tend to get quite wordy as you can see.  But I am glad to be here and enjoy all that I see.
Thanks again.
AUDI.......................never follow.

MightyGiants

Welcome Cosmo!   I look forward to reading your thoughts and insights.  Hope you get well soon.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Sam56

"The only reason I do that is because other boards tend to do their best to intimidate females and bash them."

Welcome Cosmo. Just to let you know my daughter (who is now a senior in college) has been posting here, off and on, for a couple of years now. We not only do not bash females, bashing males is NOT allowed on this board also.

andrew_nyg

1)  What part of the Country do you live in? Atlanta Georgia

2)  How long have you been a Giants fan? Since 1970 (I was 8 years old)

3)  What do you do for a living? I am a Sports Marketing Account Manager

4) Anything else you would like to mention about yourself? I was born in Canton, Ohio where my father was a Barber in the city. He enjoyed the good fortune of being "The" barber that all of the enshrinees, coaches, players etc. came to see for a clean up before Saturday. When I was a kid, I used to shine shoes of the men in the chair. Needless to say there were some great memories of that shop...and I could make this an exhaustive post. Suffice it to say, that's when football...and the Giants got in my blood, and it's never left.

A modest view of your future brings modest results and rewards. Think BIG and give people the opportunity to WIN BIG.

Kmed6000

Welcome Cosmo, I look forward to discussing the Gmen with you.  Try not to fall down any more stairs though.  ;)

giantd86

Welcome Cosmo!!!!  If you should join KMEDS fantasy league next year, he'll be more than happy to push you down the stairs.. :laugh:
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.

giantd86

Welcome GiantsinDallas!!!  Love the  "The Town of One and Done"  classic.
Pam Oliver to Justin Tuck 11/02/08
Pam Oliver - Q.How does the victory feel against a depleted team?
Justin Tuck -A.  Only thing DEPLETED IN DALLAS IS THEIR HEARTS. They got NO HEART.