News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT- Who plans on watching the Jerry Jones mini-series?

Started by MightyGiants, May 16, 2024, 12:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Not me. Bad enough I have to watch them twice a year.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

spiderblue43

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

files58

kartanoman

NFL Films did an hour "A Football Life" episode dedicated to the man. That was more than what I needed to know.

No, I choose, instead, to watch a far more meaningful production from NFL Films. A story that traces back to the foundation of the league and an individual whose legacy helped define the greatness the game in this country, and opened the door to the entire world to love and become passionate as we all have become. It is the story of the man who led the Flagship Franchise of the National Football League from its earliest days, to help shape the league for it to grow and supplant baseball as our national pastime and refine it so its possibilities remain endless. For his life of service to his Football Giants, through good times and bad, his selfless service to the NFL as a steward of its health and growth, his service to our country during World War II, his devotion as husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, many times over, he became the patriarch and conscience of the league and all owners, to include Jerry Jones, sat up and paid close attention whenever he spoke. His efforts to broker a deal with Wilson for footballs, which remains the longest contiguous contract in US Sports history, was so impressive the balls were stamped with his nickname, the title of this film in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the New York Football Giants.

No, I will pass on the Jerry Jones miniseries. Instead, I will watch a wholesome documentary with substance, "The Duke!"

Giants 100th Season

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

EDjohnst1981

Ed Vette

Another testimonial blow job that the rich elites do for each other. I've attended many of those in a former life. I actually don't hate this man like you all do. I may check it out.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

DaveBrown74

I'll check it out and watch one episode one day when I feel like watching something and can't find anything else. And then I'll decide if I want to watch the rest of them or not.

Trench

Quote from: kartanoman on May 16, 2024, 03:15:04 PMNFL Films did an hour "A Football Life" episode dedicated to the man. That was more than what I needed to know.

No, I choose, instead, to watch a far more meaningful production from NFL Films. A story that traces back to the foundation of the league and an individual whose legacy helped define the greatness the game in this country, and opened the door to the entire world to love and become passionate as we all have become. It is the story of the man who led the Flagship Franchise of the National Football League from its earliest days, to help shape the league for it to grow and supplant baseball as our national pastime and refine it so its possibilities remain endless. For his life of service to his Football Giants, through good times and bad, his selfless service to the NFL as a steward of its health and growth, his service to our country during World War II, his devotion as husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, many times over, he became the patriarch and conscience of the league and all owners, to include Jerry Jones, sat up and paid close attention whenever he spoke. His efforts to broker a deal with Wilson for footballs, which remains the longest contiguous contract in US Sports history, was so impressive the balls were stamped with his nickname, the title of this film in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the New York Football Giants.

No, I will pass on the Jerry Jones miniseries. Instead, I will watch a wholesome documentary with substance, "The Duke!"

Giants 100th Season

Peace!

I'd love to watch the episode about Mr Mara. Does anyone have the link?

kartanoman

Quote from: Trench on May 16, 2024, 05:16:24 PMI'd love to watch the episode about Mr Mara. Does anyone have the link?

The link I provided to the Giants' 100th anniversary celebration is the initial and only announcement made so far.

Once the during date is mentioned, I'm sure the Giants page will update with all the details. I'll be sure to make mention of it here as well.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)