News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Top 30 Visit update

Started by MightyGiants, April 12, 2024, 01:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., WR Ohio St
2. Malik Nabers, WR LSU
3. Rome Odunze, WR Washington
4. Drake Maye, QB North Carolina
5. J.J. McCarthy, QB Michigan
6. Michael Penix, Jr., QB Washington
7. Tyrice Knight, LB UTEP
8. Adisa Isaac, Edge Penn State
9. Dallas Turner, Edge Alabama
10. Khristian Boyd, DT Northern Iowa
11. Joe Alt, OT Notre Dame
12. Chau Smith-Wade, CB Washington St
13. Chop Robinson, Edge Penn St
14. Max Melton, CB Rutgers
15. Theo Johnson, TE Penn State
16. Andru Phillips, CB Kentucky
17. Giovanni Manu, OT Univ of British Columbia
18. Evan Williams, DB Oregon
19. Jayden Daniels, QB LSU
20. Trey Benson, RB Florida St
21. Ben Sinnott, TE Kansas St
22. Maason Smith, DT LSU
23. G Cooper Beebe Kansas State Wildcats;

https://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=645351
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

I like Maason Smith of LSU.  Big bodied 3 tech.  Very big body.

londonblue

Can add G Cooper Beebe per Ian Rapoport.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

If the Giants went WR in round 1 and then drafted Troy Benson round 2 that would be pretty exciting.

Jolly Blue Giant

It doesn't seem the FO is interested in investing in the offensive line. Pretty safe to assume (and yeah, I know what "assume" stands for), the most interest in the Giants are QB, WR, CB, EDGE, and DT

Offense seems a little lower on the priority list with only WR being highly targeted and a spattering of TE,RB,OT,and OG. The interest in QBs is probably smoke and doing their due diligence. And OT Giovanni Manu (who has only worked the left side of the line) is a long way from being NFL ready. He's a freak athlete (6'7+"/355lbs, ran a 4.98), but a long term project...probably a UDFA

QB   4
WR   3
CB   3
EDGE 3
TE   2
DT   2
OT   2
RB   1
LB   1
DB   1
OG   1

Tell-tale sign: since the Giants (so far anyway), have only had visits with 3 WRs (the crème de la crème), it sure seems they aren't thinking of trading down and then going after the 2nd tier WRs. My guess: they will take the best WR still on the board at 6!
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

It seems to me the Giants end up drafting 2-3 players from these visits.

I have no doubt it will be the 6th pick of QB or WR.

I can see two more coming from some combo of Benson, Melton and Beebe.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Philosophers on April 14, 2024, 09:05:24 AMIt seems to me the Giants end up drafting 2-3 players from these visits.

I have no doubt it will be the 6th pick of QB or WR.

I can see two more coming from some combo of Benson, Melton and Beebe.

I would love to see the Giants draft CB Melton.  I heard him on NFL radio; he is well-spoken
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 14, 2024, 09:10:04 AMI would love to see the Giants draft CB Melton.  I heard him on NFL radio; he is well-spoken

They almost always draft a couple of local kids.

madbadger

I've been saying for years that the Giants should draft more players out of the University of British Columbia. Glad to see it finally happening.

Philosophers

The Giants a top RB to have in a rotation.  Benson makes a lot of sense. 

Just_jimmy

Quote from: Philosophers on April 13, 2024, 08:30:33 AMIf the Giants went WR in round 1 and then drafted Troy Benson round 2 that would be pretty exciting.
Yeah, if the WR can hand if off or throw it to himself or Benson Could play QB to a very high level.

We need a QB. Anything else is moving deckchairs while we sink.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

londonblue

What we need and what we can get rarely align in life.

Even if they are as aggressive as they can be the Giants will be extraordinarily lucky to come out of this with a QB who makes a difference.

Best case scenario they will get the 4th QB taken. Who knows how they will do? If they cannot swing that trade they might take a QB day two but they might well be on QB7 or 8 as Nix and Penix may well be gone.

Our odds of finding the QB who liberates us from QB hell in this draft are very low. I know people do not want to hear this.
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.

MightyGiants

Quote from: londonblue on April 15, 2024, 07:16:19 AMWhat we need and what we can get rarely align in life.

Even if they are as aggressive as they can be the Giants will be extraordinarily lucky to come out of this with a QB who makes a difference.

Best case scenario they will get the 4th QB taken. Who knows how they will do? If they cannot swing that trade they might take a QB day two but they might well be on QB7 or 8 as Nix and Penix may well be gone.

Our odds of finding the QB who liberates us from QB hell in this draft are very low. I know people do not want to hear this.

We MUST get a quarterback, which may be the most dangerous mindset in the NFL.  I think part of the reason there is such a high QB bust rate is that too many teams fall into that "we must get ourselves an elite QB" trap.

That desperation leads to teams overvaluing quarterback prospects and overlooking the reality that their team is ill-prepared to draft and develop a quarterback. 

I think if we were realistic, Caleb Williams would be the only elite quarterback prospect in this draft (if we ignore the character/leadership concerns).   Beyond that, you are just buying QB lottery tickets (with varying long odds) hoping to hit it big.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE