News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Day three draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 27, 2024, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Discuss here

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer
·
1m
A reminder for Day 3 of the draft: Most NFL folks I've talked to believe the quality of the class collapses after Round 4. It's the effect of NIL & the portal, keeping guys in school—just 58 underclassmen declared (was 130 in '21).

Expect scrambling to get targeted guys today.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Dammit.... Sanders was one of the four guys I wanted, and I would have been stoked if we got him.

Oh well - still three guys I really like for us.

Sanders dropped because he's not much of a blocker and insiders think he is smaller than he's listed at, but for the fourth round he's a big time talent. Nice pick by the Panthers. They've added some nice offensive talent in this draft.

Jolly Blue Giant

For me: I like RB Jaylen Wright, TE Theo Johnson, DTs Mekhi Wingo and Brandon Dorlus in 4th round
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

GloryDays

Theo Is not Benn Sinnott, but he has the potential to put it together and become that blocking TE we need.

Trench

Quote from: GloryDays on April 27, 2024, 12:33:59 PMTheo Is not Benn Sinnott, but he has the potential to put it together and become that blocking TE we need.

From what I'm reading it appears the Giants see him more as a playmaking TE in addition to blocking

Philosophers

Jesus how about the Miami Dolphins drafting Jalen Wright out of Tennessee at RB.  Their RBs are Mostert, Achane and Wright and all can run under 4.4x 40 along with Hill and Waddle at WRs, also sub 4.4 guys as well.  They have a track team.

Jclayton92

Lot of great guys left Trotter Jr, Wingo, Jackson, Johnson, and Booker that could come in and help the front 7 immediately

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

Eagles just got Ainias Smith, and they are going to love him. WR like Wan'Dale, STs ace, but also a RB and a dynamic pk/r that reminds me of Dave Meggett - without the legal issues

:Faint:  :angryfire:

brownelvis54

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 27, 2024, 02:24:33 PMLot of great guys left Trotter Jr, Wingo, Jackson, Johnson, and Booker that could come in and help the front 7 immediately

Mekhi Wingo would be my pick. Surprised Michael Pratt is still available.
The KING is in the building

DaveBrown74

Kind of feel like this next pick needs to be a RB.

brownelvis54

The KING is in the building

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs