News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Missing Person Report

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 09:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette and 19 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ed Vette

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:53:44 PMSorry, still don't buy that this flyer without Jones will generate more revenue, since you say that's the bottom line, than it would with him.
They don't know who the starting QB will be.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

kingm56

Quote from: T200 on Today at 01:53:44 PMSorry, still don't buy that this flyer without Jones will generate more revenue, since you say that's the bottom line, than it would with him.

Tim,
Can I ask you a few questions, which I hope will better articulate my point?

1. Do yo believe the Giants have an extensive marketing department?
2. Do you believe the Giants conducted research pertaining to the players the fanbase was most excited about, which coupled with thier internal data (e.g. jersey sales, media request, etc) allowed them to glean who thier most marketable players are?
3. If you believe 2 occurred, isn't it logical to place the players that polled/rated the highest on the marquee?

Also, to Ed's point, the Giants would look foolish to promote DJ, only to go in a different direction early in the season. 

From my perspective, I just have a hard time believing a multi-billion dollar organization randomly chose three players to promote without doing extensive research.   

AZGiantFan

Quote from: kingm56 on Today at 02:03:27 PMTim,

2. Do you believe the Giants conducted research pertaining to the players the fanbase was most excited about, which coupled with thier internal data (e.g. jersey sales, media request, etc) allowed them to glean who thier most marketable players are?
3. If you believe 2 occurred, isn't it logic to place the players that polled/rated the highest on the marquee?

From my perspective, I just have a hard time believing a multi-billion dollar organization randomly chose three players to promote without doing extensive research.   

Well, that same marketing department thought it was a good idea to give fans a soda for fan appreciation day, so there's that.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

T200

Quote from: Ed Vette on Today at 01:59:15 PMThey don't know who the starting QB will be.
That's a *little* more plausibe. Little.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

T200

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 02:06:36 PMWell, that same marketing department thought it was a good idea to give fans a soda for fan appreciation day, so there's that.
:laugh:   :yes:  :yes:

T200

3. If you believe 2 occurred, isn't it logical to place the players that polled/rated the highest on the marquee?

Also, to Ed's point, the Giants would look foolish to promote DJ, only to go in a different direction early in the season. 

No.

kingm56

Quote from: AZGiantFan on Today at 02:06:36 PMWell, that same marketing department thought it was a good idea to give fans a soda for fan appreciation day, so there's that.

That was more than likely thier public affairs aperture and not marketing...those are two completely separate sections. 

T200

=))  =))  =))  =))

Just felt like messing with you!  =))  =))  =))

1) Yes
2) Not sure
3) If #2 were true, I have a hard time believing fans are looking forward to seeing WDR than they are Nabers. In terms of popularity, as polarizing as Jones is, I think he has enough of a following that will easily eclipse the WanDale Robinson fan club.

kingm56

Quote from: T200 on Today at 02:11:29 PM=))  =))  =))  =))

Just felt like messing with you!  =))  =))  =))

1) Yes
2) Not sure
3) If #2 were true, I have a hard time believing fans are looking forward to seeing WDR than they are Nabers. In terms of popularity, as polarizing as Jones is, I think he has enough of a following that will easily eclipse the WanDale Robinson fan club.

I did get a chuckle...you know I respect and appreciate what you do!  We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

EDjohnst1981

I don't see the problem. It was well reported that the Giants tried to trade up for the QB of the future.

With that being said, does anyone think Jones is the "face of the franchise"?

I don't see the issue here.