News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Carl Banks on the "Goofy Brigade" defaults to DJ

Started by MightyGiants, Today at 12:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katkavage and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

MightyGiants

It seems Carl Banks has had enough.  I know some of you will dismiss Carl Banks as a company stooge, but from my years of listening to him, Carl Banks calls it as he sees it.   He may not go heavy on the criticism as would be expected by someone who also works for the Giants (the Podcast is not a Giants sanctioned), but Carl doesn't act like the team's cheerleader, either. 

https://x.com/CarlBanksGIII/status/1791449243762270431

If you want more context and more comments, here is the entire podcast

Dear Toxic Giants Fans, Root for Daniel Jones

In this episode, Bob Papa and Carl Banks discuss a recent tweet from Bob that wasn't related to Daniel Jones and sparked backlash from Giants fans. They talk about why it's counterproductive for fans to root against Jones. They explore Daniel Jones's challenges over the years, highlighting the lack of stability from coaching and inadequate support on the field. By comparing the Giants' situation to other franchises, they shed light on why fans need to appreciate what this storied franchise has accomplished. Lastly, they touch on Hard Knocks' during this 100th season and how fans will see behind-the-scenes access during the off-season.  #tellafriendtotellafriend
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

When has anyone that is an actual giants fan in this forum rooted against Daniel Jones? Ever...

If anything Daniel Jones being great would make everything significantly easier for the football team.

Do we now also think that the people that believe Neal is horrible are also actively rooting against him as well?

So "insert player" is bad, so the fan base must be actively rooting against him?

You hear more about Jones than other players because his play hasn't elevated year on year with his pay.

People thinking Jones is a bad Qb and rooting against him are two very different things. Most people that are actual Giants fans acknowledge how bad he's been then when the whistlebl blows are locked in on the Giants and Jones winning.

Bob In PA

Mr. Banks is an honest man put (too often) in the difficult position of having to criticize the people who pay him.

I for one believe he is SENSATIONAL at his job.

If you listen very very closely to each and every comment (especially during games), not only to the words but the tone and tenor of his voice, you'll hear him calling the balls and strike as fairly as any judge (and he's a really nice man, the kind of guy any fan would love to hang around with). He does soft-pedal the criticism... but he NEVER avoids it. IMO a truly undervalued member of the Giants' overall "team" of employees.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Ed Vette

I like Carl Banks and I respect him, Bob Papa too. However, no employee of the NYG's should be criticizing the fan base on who they support or don't support and who they feel deserves criticism or praise. That would include not only the players but the Coaches, GM, Scouts and Owners.

That said, anyone who wants the Giants to lose any game or for rooting against a player, should examine their own priorities. I don't work for the Giants so as a fan I can say that blaming Tommy DeVito for winning meaningless games doesn't understand the mentality that is coached into players to leave nothing on the field and how every win is meaningful. Teams that tank the season have no respect for their players or the fans who spend hard earned money and their valuable time to support the team. When you tell players that this game is not important, you've killed the team. Fans that put that out are more disrespectful than anyone who may be angry or disappointed that a player of suboptimal performance is supported by Management.

Is the goal of Carl and Bob to show the door to disgruntled fans or to correct their behavior? The optics of those remarks are quite poor. Perhaps a better fan base would be the Casual fan or the bandwagon jumpers that other teams have as their base. Resulting in empty seats and abandoned seat licenses.

There's a difference in the Twitter Moron looking for attention with no consequences and the 24/7/365 fan who comes to discuss football and the NYG's. Providing material to discredit those fans at every opportunity is poor form.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

EDjohnst1981

Not a company stooge but doesn't go heavy on the criticism is an oxymoron.

Anyway, I've not read a poster here that doesn't want Jones to succeed.

So I guess his criticism doesn't apply to this community. 

katkavage

From how I see it, the "goofy brigade" is represented by both sides in the DJ debate. To put out a podcast about a "goofy brigade" is, well, goofy.