News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Will DJ Be Better With Nabers?

Started by Philosophers, April 25, 2024, 10:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

I think Nabers along with a better OL will cause a significant improvement in the passing game.  Not sure I see top 10 though.

Jclayton92

Over/under what week the complaints start to roll in via the wrs because the ball isn't getting to them?

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 26, 2024, 07:42:26 AMOver/under what week the complaints start to roll in via the wrs because the ball isn't getting to them?

This QB doesn't seem to have a problem getting the ball to his receivers

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 08:02:40 AMThis QB doesn't seem to have a problem getting the ball to his receivers

Thank you for that Rich, I needed a laugh so early in the morning.

TONKA56

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 26, 2024, 07:42:26 AMOver/under what week the complaints start to roll in via the wrs because the ball isn't getting to them?

Is Nabers the kind of guy that will flap his arms, talk smack to his quarterback, and make remarks to the media if things aren't going well?

Gmo11

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 26, 2024, 08:35:38 AMIs Nabers the kind of guy that will flap his arms, talk smack to his quarterback, and make remarks to the media if things aren't going well?

Don't know. But I think we'll find out.

Uncle Mickey

Danny Dimes lives for another day. THIS cat has more than nine lives LOL

Hey on cup half full side, Danny threw for 24 TDs vs 12 INTs as a rookie when main issue was ball security which was cleaned up.

Let's be honest, Giants offense has been an absolute disaster for Danny's tenure. In 50 years of watching football what Danny had to play with between terrible OL talent combined with terrible coaching, absolutely no WRs to speak of, ranks with some of the worst offense I have ever seen.

Giants got Bricillo. I call him 'Brillo pad' because he is going to scrub the stink off of the Bobby Johnson techniques on these poor lineman. Might be our best acquisition of the offseason. 85 sacks should drastically drop.

THen they add an Ace #1 pitcher (WR) to a rotation that lacked an ace starter.

Nabers, Hyatt and Robinson is a nice blend off deep speed , gadget separation guy and a true WR1 who can line up all over the formation and dominate in multiple ways.

:knockONwood:

Giants might actually look like an offense again if DJ can stay healthy.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on April 26, 2024, 08:54:29 AMDanny Dimes lives for another day. THIS cat has more than nine lives LOL

Hey on cup half full side, Danny threw for 24 TDs vs 12 INTs as a rookie when main issue was ball security which was cleaned up.

Let's be honest, Giants offense has been an absolute disaster for Danny's tenure. In 50 years of watching football what Danny had to play with between terrible OL talent combined with terrible coaching, absolutely no WRs to speak of, ranks with some of the worst offense I have ever seen.

Giants got Bricillo. I call him 'Brillo pad' because he is going to scrub the stink off of the Bobby Johnson techniques on these poor lineman. Might be our best acquisition of the offseason. 85 sacks should drastically drop.

THen they add an Ace #1 pitcher (WR) to a rotation that lacked an ace starter.

Nabers, Hyatt and Robinson is a nice blend off deep speed , gadget separation guy and a true WR1 who can line up all over the formation and dominate in multiple ways.

:knockONwood:

Giants might actually look like an offense again if DJ can stay healthy.

This is an excellent perspective, Mickey.  If the team can enjoy reasonably good health and break their decade-plus-long trend of bad offensive line play, we may finally get to see what Daniel Jones is truly capable of.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

TDToomer

The answer to the question is if Jones is not better then he will not be the QB for long. Drew Lock will take over.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 26, 2024, 09:05:21 AMThis is an excellent perspective, Mickey.  If the team can enjoy reasonably good health and break their decade-plus-long trend of bad offensive line play, we may finally get to see what Daniel Jones is truly capable of.

I think to complete this rebuild on offense at least for this season, the Giants need to draft a good RB and a Guard.  Draft Jaylen Wright to blow the top off of defenses with his speed ala Achane and draft a Guard who can step in Day 1 and be a good starter.  Someone like Zak Zinter.

I just don't hope the Giants get stupid and waste a draft pick on a Spencer Rattler or Joe Milton type QB.  We don't need a lottery ticket.  We have other positions to address.  If after 2025, DJ is still not getting it done, then it will be 100% QB focus.

TDToomer

I definitely want to see a RB drafted today. If not no lower than the 4th round.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Philosophers

Quote from: TDToomer on April 26, 2024, 09:26:54 AMI definitely want to see a RB drafted today. If not no lower than the 4th round.

A breakaway, pass catching RB would be a nice piece to add to this offense which lost one nice piece in Barkley and needs a healthy replacement.  Eric Gray is not the answer.

StompYouOT

Maybe a bit, but I don't think that's the point. DJ is here for one more year, the new WR is a long term piece of the puzzle.

This move was not some endorsement of Jones, it was making the best of the situation. I doubt Jones is starting at the end of the year

TONKA56

Quote from: Philosophers on April 26, 2024, 09:30:27 AMA breakaway, pass catching RB would be a nice piece to add to this offense which lost one nice piece in Barkley and needs a healthy replacement.  Eric Gray is not the answer.

I want a guy that can get tough yards between the tackles.