News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT Brady Roast

Started by FL GMAN, May 06, 2024, 12:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL GMAN

I watched the whole thing and was surprised at the profanity and vitriol that was displayed. I am not a prude and did love some of the comics, the ex players not so much. A couple of takes

1 - Ben Aleck - Get some anger management, off the rails.
 2 - Gronk - Sober up, angry and not funny
 3 - Belichick jokes - Too much and IMO in poor taste.
 4 - Brady - Reminds me of Michael Jordan super competitive and unable to let go of perceived
     slights. Comments about Peyton Manning, Julian Edleman and Belichick were IMHO were over the
     top.

Good show and I enjoyed it mostly but my favorite part was " Your Eli's bitch". They got that right.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

The celebrity roasts are notorious for being unabashedly raunchy and raw. There's an old saying... Be careful what you ask for. I think Tom got more than he bargained for. He definitely didn't like the Kraft joke about the massage.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

:-??
Quote from: T200 on May 06, 2024, 01:33:20 PMThe celebrity roasts are notorious for being unabashedly raunchy and raw. There's an old saying... Be careful what you ask for. I think Tom got more than he bargained for. He definitely didn't like the Kraft joke about the massage.

In this day and age of stronger sensativities, I am surprised that they still have roasts
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 06, 2024, 02:25:22 PM:-??

In this day and age of stronger sensativities, I am surprised that they still have roasts
They are definitely not for the weak and thin-skinned!  :laugh:
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

AZGiantFan

I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll