News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

ALL DANIEL JONES POSTS AND DISCUSSIONS HERE

Started by Ed Vette, December 14, 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jclayton92

https://youtu.be/RZuWf5HOBXQ

33rd team explains why the Giants might skip on Jones/Barkley.

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on February 10, 2023, 06:51:27 PMhttps://youtu.be/RZuWf5HOBXQ

33rd team explains why the Giants might skip on Jones/Barkley.

There are so many flaws in the reasoning expressed

1)  it's flawed to think that Joe Schoen will simply copy what his former boss does

2)  it's hard to compare having the 25th pick (and no extra picks until a comp pick in round 3) to a team that had a 12th pick and 2nd-round picks in terms of trying to obtain a QB (the Bills also had another 1st round pick)

3)  There were more first-round QB prospects in 2018

I don't understand how the 33rd team, a football think tank, would run with this.  Although unlike most of the 33rd team, Ari Meirov is simply an unqualified reporter.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 11, 2023, 07:28:33 AMThere are so many flaws in the reasoning expressed

1)  it's flawed to think that Joe Schoen will simply copy what his former boss does

2)  it's hard to compare having the 25th pick (and no extra picks until a comp pick in round 3) to a team that had a 12th pick and 2nd-round picks in terms of trying to obtain a QB (the Bills also had another 1st round pick)

I don't understand how the 33rd team, a football think tank, would run with this.  Although unlike most of the 33rd team, Ari Meirov is simply an unqualified reporter.
I don't think he saying he'll simply copy him, but will realize that he walked away from an ok QB to get a superstar. Also their pick was initially in the 20s, they used player trades to move up, all of which we don't have in excess, but it's a very real possibility that Jones and Saquan want absurd contracts and the FO isn't comfortable doing it so they walk, or they tag one and let the other walk and then focus on building up the team.

Rambo89

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 11, 2023, 07:28:33 AMThere are so many flaws in the reasoning expressed

I don't think he was saying nor do I believe that Schoen will copy Beane.  But I do think a lot of the same philosophies will be applied where he won't let a playoff appearance get in the way of what his long term vision is for the franchise.  It won't be a tear down but will be a gradual roster turnover over the next few seasons. 

When it comes to Jones he has already stated that this is still a business which tells me that there will be a price limit of what he's willing to give Jones.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Thin Blue Line

With Jones apparently switching agents, it certainly appears no deal is imminent or even being discussed, notwithstanding recent reports to the contrary.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10066197-nfl-rumors-daniel-jones-to-change-agent-amid-giants-contract-buzz-ahead-of-fa