News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Did Golladay play Sunday?

Started by afan56, January 04, 2023, 02:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afan56

Jimmycal99

Not sure if he got any snaps, but he was in uniform in the Sights and Sounds video.

MightyGiants

PFF had him taking 7 snaps
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Painter

I believe he was on the field for 7 Snaps and 0 Targets.

Cheers!

True Blue

Imagine being paid $17 million to do absolutely nothing. It's amazing how he is essentially a healthy scratch every week. Not literally but might as well be

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on January 04, 2023, 03:07:31 PMImagine being paid $17 million to do absolutely nothing. It's amazing how he is essentially a healthy scratch every week. Not literally but might as well be

It is amazing.  However, I would rather pay him to do nothing rather than bench a more productive WR to put him on the field
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

afan56

What is the smart thing to do with him? Can he be traded if anyone wants him. 

MightyGiants

Quote from: afan56 on January 04, 2023, 03:19:42 PMWhat is the smart thing to do with him? Can he be traded if anyone wants him. 

My expectation is he is released after the season.  That will free up $6.7 million and leave the team with $14.7 million in dead cap $$$.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

given the almost certain outcome that the Giants will release him, no one will offer anything for a player who will essentially be a free agent.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Painter

Releasing him at season's end does seem to be the most likely scenario. As potential trade partners, if any, would guess that to be the case, they would have all the leverage in the matter.

I suppose they could keep him through this now 2023 season after which they would save something like $14.6 million with only $6.8 million dead cap cost. But that would seem hard to justify unless they intend to actually play him like for real and perhaps to try to boost his value before the trade deadline which may be pushed back to even later than this year's Week 8.

In any case, it has to be seen as the worst deal the Giants have ever made. Ne c'est pas?

Cheers!

Slugsy-Narrows

He was definitely on the sidelines   Saw him on or near the bench in that Giants recap video posted in another thread

DaveBrown74

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 04, 2023, 03:28:30 PMMy expectation is he is released after the season.  That will free up $6.7 million and leave the team with $14.7 million in dead cap $$$.

I definitely agree. Obviously it's brutal to eat $15mm in dead cap, but the bottom line is the $6.7mm savings can be put to better use, and it will free up a roster spot.