News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Would a Tie have been better

Started by Alamo, January 08, 2023, 09:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alamo

For the Bill's vs Cincy game? Having playoff games in a neutral site is criminal as far as the fans is concerned.
I would not be a happy camper if it happened to my team.As fans who spend alot of money on season tickets,and go to all the home games,and even some road games,this seems like a 45 caliber bullet in the head of fans with this neutral site game decision.

AZGiantFan

This was a completely unique situation.  The timing of it made it a virtual certainty that any solution was going to be "unfair" to someone.  I have little patience for teams whining about it.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Alamo

Just think of what would happen if the game REALLY ENDED IN A TIE..It wouldn't be a problem at all.Winning percentage will determine who gets the home games,and who is the visiting teams..

GloryDays

I said it before, they should not have cancelled the game. Injuries have been and will be a part of this game, unless you change it totally, which might be an agenda behind some of this overblown incident. Serious injuries have happened throughout the history of the game. When life threatening and career ending injuries happen during games, players are cared for, sent to hospitals, other players gather and pray for their comrade and then they resume the game.
It would be different If for example there was some terrorism, like a bomb attack or a plain crash, God forbid, .. but for this situation they were wrong imo to stop and not play the game on that night.

Having made that mistake, and no time to make up for it, the next best thing would have been to declare a tie.

TDToomer

Quote from: GloryDays on January 08, 2023, 02:00:49 PMI said it before, they should not have cancelled the game. Injuries have been and will be a part of this game, unless you change it totally, which might be an agenda behind some of this overblown incident. Serious injuries have happened throughout the history of the game. When life threatening and career ending injuries happen during games, players are cared for, sent to hospitals, other players gather and pray for their comrade and then they resume the game.
It would be different If for example there was some terrorism, like a bomb attack or a plain crash, God forbid, .. but for this situation they were wrong imo to stop and not play the game on that night.

Having made that mistake, and no time to make up for it, the next best thing would have been to declare a tie.

Wow you went there.
Anyway it was the players who refused to continue playing. Word is the league wanted it to continue.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Messiah717

I agreed with not continuing the game that night.   Someone was litterally dead on the field before being brought back.  That said it's a mistake to potentially have a neutral site game.  If the Bills/KC advance the game should be in KC. 

TDToomer

Quote from: Messiah717 on January 08, 2023, 07:56:57 PMI agreed with not continuing the game that night.   Someone was litterally dead on the field before being brought back.  That said it's a mistake to potentially have a neutral site game.  If the Bills/KC advance the game should be in KC. 

With KC winning yesterday they ensured that they will host even if they play the Bills.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Messiah717

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2023, 08:48:11 PMWith KC winning yesterday they ensured that they will host even if they play the Bills.

From what I understand if it's the Bills and Chiefs the game will be played at a neutral site. 

TDToomer

Quote from: Messiah717 on January 08, 2023, 09:14:03 PMFrom what I understand if it's the Bills and Chiefs the game will be played at a neutral site. 

Is it because had Buffalo beat the Bengals they would host given the won the H2H matchup?

Messiah717

Quote from: TDToomer on January 08, 2023, 09:48:23 PMIs it because had Buffalo beat the Bengals they would host given the won the H2H matchup?

That's correct