News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NGT: The Boys keep clearing space

Started by andrew_nyGiants, March 16, 2023, 07:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

Who are they making room for?

It's obvious they're targeting someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

uconnjack8

andrew_nyGiants

That would be INSANE!! LOL

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

uconnjack8

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 16, 2023, 07:30:03 PMThat would be INSANE!! LOL

That's why it came to mind...it is Jerrah after all.

I mean, he fits so well into a McCarthy offense.

andrew_nyGiants

So the inference is that it would include a trade of say Dak and a 1st round pick.

How hilarious would it be if Dak played great for the Ravens and Lamar got beat up by injury for the boys?!

Jclayton92

MightyGiants

This is an interesting observation but I haven't seen anyone with a good idea why it's being done
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Just so everyone knows, I have seen nothing linking Lamar to Dallas. I was joking because his style is such a contrast to what McCarthy offenses generally are.

ozzie

If I had to guess, I would think they are clearing cap space to make a bid on OBJ. His asking price is supposedly
$20 mil / season, which I don't think anyone will pay him, but Jerry Jones seems to be on the Odell bandwagon.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.
As far as Hopkins, I haven't heard anything connecting him to Dallas.
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

True Blue

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 16, 2023, 07:22:34 PMWho are they making room for?

It's obvious they're targeting someone.

Did they cut someone else other than Zeke?

MightyGiants

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 17, 2023, 01:15:29 PMDid they cut someone else other than Zeke?

They have been doing a lot of restructures and even a pay cut
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

ozzie

Quote from: TrueBlueFan on March 17, 2023, 01:15:29 PMDid they cut someone else other than Zeke?

Not sure who else they cut, but they have been restructuring and moving a bunch of money around.
(Tyron Smith, Tank Lawrence and a few others)
"I'll probably buy a helmet too because my in-laws are already buying batteries."
— Joe Judge on returning to Philadelphia, his hometown, as a head coach

"...until we start winning games, words are meaningless."
John Mara

Bob In PA

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on March 16, 2023, 07:22:34 PMWho are they making room for?
andrew: You can't find the target because I'll wager you're looking in the wrong place (free agency).

IMO the target is most likely to be Bijan Robinson, this draft year's Zeke Elliott.

I suppose they believe they have enough draft capital to trade up high enough to get him.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!