News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Mike Vrabel for DC?

Started by andrew_nyGiants, February 01, 2024, 11:19:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew_nyGiants

No HC spots left. An opportunity to maximize this talent and create a consistently attacking front four.

2025 Buzz created to kick him back up to HC.

Time for the Giants to groom a successor.

Yay or Nay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

T200

I'm still rolling with Daboll. If the plan is to bring in Vrabel as an eventual replacement for Daboll, I want no parts of it. If he was such a hot HC prospect, no one picked him up this cycle.

Daboll's my guy for at least the next two years.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Vabrel is known more as a tone setter than an Xs and Os guru.   So I am not sure, other than name recognition, what Vabrel would bring to the table.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

No I meant a DC successor after a year, assuming Vrabel had another HC opportunity...not here.

Thinking MV is the best DC candidate left?

From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Bob In PA

He learned the job of Defensive Coordinator under one of the greatest all-time.

IMO it's really up to him to make a move. 

Either he's content to take some time off (assuming he's not interest in head-coaching in the college ranks) or he'll call the NFL teams he wouldn't mind working for who still have a vacancy at defensive coordinator.  If he doesn't call the Giants, I would not call him. This is from my long-ago intensive deep dive into the George Young school of being a general manager.

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Giant Obsession

Hope it happens.

Then he can slide in as our HC midseason when Coach Sparky is given the boot.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Ed Vette

Quote from: andrew_nyGiants on February 01, 2024, 11:19:13 AMNo HC spots left. An opportunity to maximize this talent and create a consistently attacking front four.

2025 Buzz created to kick him back up to HC.

Time for the Giants to groom a successor.

Yay or Nay?

That's who I wanted a month ago and I was shot down by you guys because he would get a HC gig.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

Problem with Vrabel is if he does even a half ass job he would be looking to leave in a year. Providing, of course, we aren't looking for a new guy.
I am tired of new systems every year or so.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

TDToomer

Quote from: LennG on February 02, 2024, 09:35:52 AMProblem with Vrabel is if he does even a half ass job he would be looking to leave in a year. Providing, of course, we aren't looking for a new guy.
I am tired of new systems every year or so.

Well he did a half assed job as a head coach this year and that led to him being shut out of head coaching jobs. So how does 2 half ass years in a row with a demotion to DC make him a better head coaching candidate? You need to excel at your job to get promotions just like in the real world.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

H-Town G-Fan

Vrabel has precisely one season of being a defensive coordinator. The Texans were ranked dead last in scoring defense that season and 20th in yards allowed. Why is there anything to suggest he would be a good defensive playcaller? Especially since he hasn't done that job since 2017? This doesn't even factor in the issues that would attend a former relatively successful head coach coming onto a staff where the incumbent head coach may be under scrutiny.

In sum, no thanks.

Ed Vette

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on February 02, 2024, 09:47:43 AMVrabel has precisely one season of being a defensive coordinator. The Texans were ranked dead last in scoring defense that season and 20th in yards allowed. Why is there anything to suggest he would be a good defensive playcaller? Especially since he hasn't done that job since 2017? This doesn't even factor in the issues that would attend a former relatively successful head coach coming onto a staff where the incumbent head coach may be under scrutiny.

In sum, no thanks.
Good points
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin