News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Century Red Uniforms

Started by Ed Vette, May 16, 2024, 12:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

Quote from: kartanoman on May 17, 2024, 08:56:36 AMAs I get older, I've come to appreciate the comedy warehouse this board becomes over the most interesting of topics.

Maybe the Giants should have sweetened the pot by advertising "One Free Medium Pepsi" for every fan dressed in their very best 1920s garb. So, gentlemen, get out your fedora, top 🎩 and pocket watches. Ladies, get out your parasol, 👒  , girdle and Victorian-era dress so everyone, not just the Giants, will look 100 years out of place. Maybe the spirit of Jim Thorpe will enter the Giants' huddle and the magic from a century ago will fire a light under this team in the season to come.

Yes, folks, they had Pepsi in 1925.

Peace!

Chris, you'd need to add smoking in your seats and drinking whiskey from a flask. Shirt, tie, wool tweed overcoat, shoes with galoshes, and, as you mentioned, fedora hats.

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Giant Obsession

They're fine.

But then I like the disco "Ny" helmet logo.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

BluesCruz

I like them

Somehow they still look modern and yet harken back to the 20's and 30's
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"