News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

I'm pushing my chips to the middle for this kid Dante Miller

Started by BluesCruz, May 19, 2024, 02:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PSUBeirut

Quote from: BluesCruz on May 20, 2024, 05:51:54 PMLets see what he can do

With the gold jacket guy gone now, we can finally get a sustained look at other RBs

Speed kills as they say and 4.27 is incredible for a RB.....outragious considering he is a stout built short guy    Sounds like a Tyreek Hill clone physically.  Lets give him a good look

Yeah with that top 5 RB out of the way, finally we can see what those guys on the bench look like.   =))

I am rooting hard for this kid for lots of reasons- one being he's local to me here in NC and played HS ball in a district I taught in briefly. 

BluesCruz

Quote from: PSUBeirut on May 20, 2024, 06:54:01 PMYeah with that top 5 RB out of the way, finally we can see what those guys on the bench look like.   =))

I am rooting hard for this kid for lots of reasons- one being he's local to me here in NC and played HS ball in a district I taught in briefly. 

I just had a look at the top 20 RBs on PFF.  The Gold Jacket Guy was not on the list.
PFF.com

I believe he did make the list of top 5 dropped outlet pass receivers LOL.  The most likely to not break initial contact also. 

Let it go man.  He was great.......at Penn State.

I hope the Eagles have him in there all day long.  Will make our job so much easier.
I do have to admit this was a very un-Eagle like move.    What were they thinking?
Napoleon- "If you have a cannon- USE IT"

PSUBeirut

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 06:22:55 AMI just had a look at the top 20 RBs on PFF.  The Gold Jacket Guy was not on the list.
PFF.com

I believe he did make the list of top 5 dropped outlet pass receivers LOL.  The most likely to not break initial contact also. 

Let it go man.  He was great.......at Penn State.

I hope the Eagles have him in there all day long.  Will make our job so much easier.
I do have to admit this was a very un-Eagle like move.    What were they thinking?

Me let it go?  Done.  I wish the guy nothing but the best- he deserves it, for sure.  But you mention him in almost every RB post you make.  So....  maybe it's time to let it go?  Also- your track record of opinions here makes it supremely likely you're wrong about Barkley, so I feel good about being on the other side of you on it.  Feels right.   :ok: 

MightyGiants

I am of two mindsets on Miller.

1)  I like his measurables and his back story.

2)  I am mindful that between the college portal and general college scouting, if he had a natural talent, he would have been playing for a big program sooner than he did.  Admittedly, there is some uncertainty here, but you would think his backstory would have included turning down scholarship offers at some point.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

BluesCruz

Quote from: PSUBeirut on Today at 08:20:22 AMMe let it go?  Done.  I wish the guy nothing but the best- he deserves it, for sure.  But you mention him in almost every RB post you make.  So....  maybe it's time to let it go?  Also- your track record of opinions here makes it supremely likely you're wrong about Barkley, so I feel good about being on the other side of you on it.  Feels right.   :ok: 

Obviously you are a big Penn State guy and support your guy. Best of luck to Saquon.

I for one am supremely happy we will now face Saquon and not his former running mate at Penn State when the Eagles are on the field.   He is back home in PA.

As for my views, they are my opinions that's all.

Some things the Giants do are baffling to me.  I hope with Saquon gone, and the upgrade of the WRs that we move to a more wide open unpredictable offense.  Lets see where this goes

BluesCruz

Quote from: MightyGiants on Today at 08:44:16 AMI am of two mindsets on Miller.

1)  I like his measurables and his back story.

2)  I am mindful that between the college portal and general college scouting, if he had a natural talent, he would have been playing for a big program sooner than he did.  Admittedly, there is some uncertainty here, but you would think his backstory would have included turning down scholarship offers at some point.

Hope your feeling better Rich

I don't know, he certainly had a very different backstory and college career
Maybe he will be another Tommy DeVito story- who also had a cirtuitous college career.

T200

Quote from: BluesCruz on Today at 09:30:24 AMSome things the Giants do are baffling to me. I hope with Saquon gone, and the upgrade of the WRs that we move to a more wide open unpredictable offense. Lets see where this goes
The offense will have the benefit of surprise to start the season and will be unpredictable until about mid-season, when there's enough film for opposing DCs to adjust.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance: