News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Round one non-Giants draft discussion thread

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 07:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uconnjack8

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how differently teams evaluate prospects compared to talking heads.  Maybe its that talking heads are evaluating in vacuum not with a system or role in mind, compared to teams that really need to consider those types of things. 

Until the Falcons I thought the draft was pretty much in line with popular opinion.  The second half of the 1st seemed like teams had players rated very differently than media.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: katkavage on April 26, 2024, 07:03:50 AMMaybe after next year, when they realize the error of their ways, Atlanta can trade him Penix to the Giants. They are stuck with Cousin's contract no matter what.

Just don't see Penix being the one they want to trade unless he plays terribly or gets hurt again.

katkavage

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on April 26, 2024, 05:15:02 PMJust don't see Penix being the one they want to trade unless he plays terribly or gets hurt again.
It's a terrible situation for Penix. If he went to Denver or the Raiders he would have a chance to start. Atlanta picks him up and he has to sit and know the only way he gets in is if Cousins gets hurt. I feel bad for the kid.