News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Giants draft WR Malik Nabers round one

Started by MightyGiants, April 25, 2024, 08:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-Town G-Fan

Quote from: Just_jimmy on April 25, 2024, 08:58:06 PMThe current situation will never fix it.  A WR won't either, no matter how good the kid is.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Taking the fourth QB at the sixth overall, a guy who wasn't relied on to win by his college team, to prove a point is horrible, myopic team building in my opinion.

DaveBrown74

I said in a post yesterday that as much as I want a new QB, I don't want to draft one the front office is just lukewarm on, just so we can draft a QB. I'm strongly opposed to that, and it seems Schoen was too. I would have loved to see them move up to get Maye, but I don't think it was possible, or at least not without overpaying so badly that it would really make it impossible to build around him.

Considering the above, I'm happy with the pick. Nabers is an elite, big time talent at a key position. The big three QBs were gone. Schoen made the right move here.

sxdxca38

I absolutely love the pick, this was the guy I was hoping they would draft, and they did.

Improve the offensive line, and Daniel Jones is going to have a good year, and the Giants will begin to win again.

Great start to the draft.

Painter

Great addition, a must have. And the Giants Mock Draft consensus pick all year since Day One. So, no surprise; none at all. Now, they need to hit big on at least more 3 guys for it to become a real success.

Cheers!

PSUBeirut

I like it.  If we had gone McCarthy that would have been QB4 (or maybe even QB5 considering Penix just got drafted above him)- at #6, with actual legit #1 WRs on the board you had to go WR.  No brainer.

I wanted Rome above Nabers but am glad they got a #1 WR. 

ralphpal1

Just think the weapons we have next year if we have to picka QB ?
Look what the bears did for C Williams
Now we fix our line
We have 2 very good WRs and a Top WR
Put a rookie QB behind there
He is good to.go

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

andrew_nyGiants

Really good player....but we need A LOT OF THEM.

Could've collected a Kings RANSOM from the Vikings or the Broncos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

Gmo11

Quote from: ralphpal1 on April 25, 2024, 09:12:34 PMJust think the weapons we have next year if we have to picka QB ?
Look what the bears did for C Williams
Now we fix our line
We have 2 very good WRs and a Top WR
Put a rookie QB behind there
He is good to.go

Easier said than done.  If they are to be in position to take a QB next year that means suffering through a miserable season this year.  Are we all prepared to sit through another 3 win season in order to get that QB?  Because if you're not then you should have been hoping for JJ or I guess Penix.

Gmo11

Quote from: H-Town G-Fan on April 25, 2024, 09:21:32 PMEyes popping out of his skull excited.

Of course he's excited!  Everybody expected (hoped) they were about to take his replacement.

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE