News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Minnesota Safety Tyler Nubin Highlights

Started by MightyGiants, April 26, 2024, 09:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Topshelf21

This guy is a straight ball hawk. Definitely has a nose for the ball!

Bob In PA

OK, this is one of those guys who does not look like a football player. Doesn't pass the eye test.

Everything about him seems out-of-whack and just plain wrong... until the ball is snapped.

Super instincts and blitz timing, outstanding vision while the ball is in the air (which allows him to anticipate very well and consistently locate himself right where the ball comes down... again and again. A play-maker.

Bob

If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

He makes plays all the time. Nubin is an excellent pick whom I've watched several times with the Gophers. He really surprises you with his natural instincts..baits qbs into picks..tackles well. A+ for me.

Ballhawk!

DaveBrown74

Nubin is the consensus best safety in this draft. Some considered DeJean a CB/S (can play either), so a case can be made for him, but Nubin is everyone's consensus best pure safety. PFF states that, and they have him as 31st on their big board. He is an absolute ball hawk who will cause turnovers, he can make plays behind the line, and he can help with the run. He doesn't have blazing speed, but he has enough, and he will make up for that with his instincts. He is also well built.

I have no issue with this pick. It's a little frustrating that all the remaining good corners went right before we picked, but with only six picks this year and with potentially needing draft capital next year to move up to take a QB, I don't think we were in a position to trade up this year other than in the first round to get Maye.

So I'm fine with this. Taking the best safety in the draft at 47 when you just lost your best safety in free agency is hardly a dumb move. Would I have taken someone like Melton or Kool-Aid over this guy if I had that option at 47? Yes, probably. Would I have moved up? Probably not in this case (for the reasons stated above). So I think it's fine. No issue here for me.

spiderblue43

Dave,

I concur. Wpuld rather have a corner, but Nubin is a great alternative.

I can't believe the Commodes traded with the Eagles, handing them DeJean. Cooper is going to burn them. How stupid.

Uncle Mickey

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 27, 2024, 08:17:28 AMhttps://x.com/nickfalato/status/1784187990660571379?s=46&t=1vcQIN8GqF5J2oLdxEVEJQ

Tackling technique is not picture perfect but his instincts, awareness , quick reaction time and the angles he takes are top notch.

Bob In PA

Quote from: spiderblue43 on April 27, 2024, 08:42:47 AMDave,

I concur. Wpuld rather have a corner, but Nubin is a great alternative.

I can't believe the Commodes traded with the Eagles, handing them DeJean. Cooper is going to burn them. How stupid.

spider: We see all the players you mentioned in your posts above very much the same. DeJean is a guy I wanted for the Giants because he can play safety and corner, but I think Eagles will try to make him a safety. Another good pick by the Eagles, IMO. Bob

Bob In PA

Quote from: Uncle Mickey on April 27, 2024, 11:02:34 AMTackling technique is not picture perfect but his instincts, awareness , quick reaction time and the angles he takes are top notch.

Mick: Lawrence Taylor's tackling technique was also on and "as-needed" basis but he always got the job done. lol