News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

the importance of the offensive line from Jim Harbaugh.

Started by MightyGiants, March 27, 2024, 11:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

sooners56

So can we assume they will pick an Olineman at pick 5? I still say they draft a WR.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

T200

Football 101. Nothing new here. He's the coach du jour so anything he says carries more weight. He could sell his own line of encyclopedia and people would jump all over it.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on March 27, 2024, 11:51:42 AMFootball 101. Nothing new here. He's the coach du jour so anything he says carries more weight. He could sell his own line of encyclopedia and people would jump all over it.

The man is an accomplished coach at the NFL and the college level.   Outside of Andy Reid, I can't think of a more accomplished head coach currently coaching in the NFL.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 27, 2024, 12:00:22 PMThe man is an accomplished coach at the NFL and the college level.   Outside of Andy Reid, I can't think of a more accomplished head coach currently coaching in the NFL.
I wasn't challenging his credentials or his accomplishments.

Did you learn anything from that 1-minute clip?

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on March 27, 2024, 12:02:39 PMI wasn't challenging his credentials or his accomplishments.

Did you learn anything from that 1-minute clip?

Yes, I had never considered the point he made about how the O-line performance is essentially independent of the rest of the team.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 27, 2024, 12:03:45 PMYes, I had never considered the point he made about how the O-line performance is essentially independent of the rest of the team.
OK.

It was and has been obvious to me for quite some time. It's why the trenches are considered the foundation. It all starts up front. If you have a weak foundation, you're probably going to have a weak team.

Philosophers

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 27, 2024, 12:03:45 PMYes, I had never considered the point he made about how the O-line performance is essentially independent of the rest of the team.

Same here Rich.  I know QB depends in them but never thought that they dont need anybody else or that the D depends in them.  Brilliant point IMHO.

Build there.

I definitely think he may go OL with pick 5.  He win with Roman Wilson at WR who is good but hardly elite.  His OLs the past few seasons have been elite

ralphpal1

I put sean mcvay as the 2nd best head coach
But he is up there
Where is our puka

AZGiantFan

Wasn't it George Young who said 'show me a team that is struggling and I'll show you a team with a struggling offensive line '?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Bob In PA

Rich: He's correct. They are an essentially independent "unit" (which is why, when asked, which is the most important POSITION on offense and defense, I always answer "offensive line" (I consider OL a position). It does little good to have one top OL and a bunch of crap elsewhere. Any decent NFL team will find dozens of ways around the one good guy... the proof is right here with the Giants, IMO.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!