News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT- Members, what is your first name

Started by MightyGiants, August 03, 2021, 01:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

The official name is Leonard, but only my mother used that name for me, and when she did, I knew I was in trouble.

I used LennG only because many years ago in a land far far away, when we created a user name, it had to be 5 letters. I am really Len, but will answer to anything from 'hey, old man' to 'Hey, Giantfan' ( my license plate). But only the missus can call me Honey.   :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

AZGiantFan

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on August 03, 2021, 01:26:34 PM
My name is Richard, but everyone (except cops, judges, doctors....or my mother when I'm in deep sh..) calls me Ric (w/no "k")

Can you really distinguish between someone calling you Ric vs. someone calling you Rick, LOL.

Anyway, same name for me, except everyone except my wife calls me Rich.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 03, 2021, 04:22:27 PM
Can you really distinguish between someone calling you Ric vs. someone calling you Rick, LOL.

:laugh:

Nah...something I did as a kid starting around 4th or 5th grade. Everyone called me "Ricky" and I thought it was too infantile a nickname so I insisted on just Ric. It's still pronounced exactly like Rick, I just had to be different I guess. I had noticed that "Vic" was always spelled without a "k" so I thought, WTH, I'll do that with Rick and no one stopped me - no teacher or parent. Although now that I'm old (and not a bit wiser), they probably started spelling "Vic" without a "k" to distinguish from the masculine name Victor from the feminine name Victoria or Vicky/Vickie. Who knows?
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Painter

Quote from: LennG on August 03, 2021, 03:23:30 PM
The official name is Leonard, but only my mother used that name for me, and when she did, I knew I was in trouble.

I used LennG only because many years ago in a land far far away, when we created a user name, it had to be 5 letters. I am really Len, but will answer to anything from 'hey, old man' to 'Hey, Giantfan' ( my license plate). But only the missus can call me Honey.   :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

That's a great name; one which reminds me:
Now I've heard there was a secret chord
That David played, and it pleased the Lord
But you dont really care for music, do ya?
It goes like this, the fourth, the fifth
The minor falls, the major lifts
The baffled king composing, Hallelujah

Cheers!
Larry

Bob In PA

Quote from: AZGiantFan on August 03, 2021, 04:22:27 PM
Rich: I'm not your wife and have called you Rich for years yet you never corrected me.  LOL 

In any event, I have a good friend Ric who gets angry if you write Rich or Rick, and another good friend Anne who erupts if you write Ann.

Both are excellent musicians.  Hmmm....  Probably a marketing thing.   :crazy:

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

files58

Jaime

BBH Handle is Jaime.

My name is Jaime. :goteam:

drakew

From the bygone days of the bbs cafe, I am Dr as or or the Drake!!!
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Topshelf21

Anthony.

Family calls me "Ant".

Funny thing though....been married slightly over 5 years, and other than our wedding day, my wife has called me by my birth name exactly twice.....and I am one lucky man to be alive after both times she spoke it!!

tomeee

Not to difficult here but my given name is Thomas. Most call me tomeee. But many just call me "E".

uconnjack8

Mine is Matt.  Nice to meet you all. :P

babywhales

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

TDToomer

"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

Painter

Quote from: drakew on August 03, 2021, 10:52:23 PM
From the bygone days of the bbs cafe, I am Dr as or or the Drake!!!

Cut it out, Blue man in the handsome Giants tie. And while you're at it, put the sword away.

Cheers!

Jclayton92