News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Thursday should be an entertaining evening

Started by Ed Vette, April 24, 2024, 10:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

But I can't wait till all this is over. Silly week is beyond ridiculous. The media, X'rs and Podheads have really outdone themselves this time.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Luckily, I had too much work to do this week and couldn't have participated in that stuff even if I wanted to. Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

Jolly Blue Giant

there will be tears of joy

there will be tears of sorrow

:D  :'(  :D  :'(  :D  :'(

or no tears, but celebrations or anger

:dance:  :cuss:  :dance:  :cuss:  :dance:
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

spiderblue43

Think of it as a Broadway reaction review..."I laughed..I cried..I made it from the bathroom on time".

The greatest nerd event of all time!

spiderblue43

More reviews..."The best show in Detroit since the Purple Gang".."I thought this was Comic Con"..and "Wake me up when it's over".

NFL DRAFT MOTOWN. <:-P  :nanner:  :computer:

Jclayton92

Weird seeing Mccarthy say when asked where he thought he'd go, he said he had an idea, that he'd spent the most time with New York. I've never heard a Qb say a team like that before I don't think.

DaveBrown74

It's funny. Ed nailed it in the OP, for me at least. I too am looking forward to tomorrow. But I'm also very much looking forward to all of this being over so everyone can start focusing on reality again rather than 24/7 conjecture.

Philosophers

Quote from: Jclayton92 on April 24, 2024, 09:15:48 PMWeird seeing Mccarthy say when asked where he thought he'd go, he said he had an idea, that he'd spent the most time with New York. I've never heard a Qb say a team like that before I don't think.

Thanks for posting that.  Hadn't seen it.

Giant Obsession

Like having a root canal every day for 4 months.  Now comes 4 months of assessing and grading each teams draft.

Ugh.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

TONKA56

Let's see what a butt-clinchingly embarrassing spectacle the NFL turns the event into this year. 

Ed Vette

Quote from: TONKA56 on April 25, 2024, 07:43:13 AMLet's see what a butt-clinchingly embarrassing spectacle the NFL turns the event into this year. 
I understand that these two guys might make an appearance.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Philosophers

I think this is a 1st round in which you will want to follow it from pick 1 - 32.  I can see the Giants making a QB pick at 6, then say at pick 24, maybe moving up from round 2 to get their guy, say a big WR like a Brian Thomas.  They may think that while they have some holes in other places, filling QB and WR close the biggest ones and allow them to field a team they can build off of assuming their OL coach can work wonders with the OL.  I would not be surprised.