News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

If the Giants want to draft a 3-tech DT

Started by MightyGiants, April 24, 2024, 10:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Greg Gabriel
@ggabefootball
·
31m
Several good 3Tech players in this Draft. I can see clubs being able to draft a solid one into the third round
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jolly Blue Giant

The well-known ones will be gone by day 2, so I look at the ones that will linger onto day 3.

My hidden gem hope, is Myles Cole in round 6. He's never listed as a defensive lineman, and only as an edge rusher. Compared to all the other ERs, he's huge, standing at 6'5 and pushing 290 lbs. I'm not sure how he would transition to "hand on the ground" instead of freestanding, but he's big, athletic, and can create chaos behind the line. He's certainly built far more like a 3T than a typical ER

Another one who will fall, is Mekki Wingo. He's a tenacious 3T, but is tagged with the moniker, "too small". He's 6'¼" and 287 lbs. Does not fit the ideal prototypical 3T. I hate comparisons more than anyone I know because I believe every person/player is uniquely their own person who thinks differently and reads and reacts differently. But I'd be remiss to not mention that Aaron Donald is 6'1" / 285 lbs and has done well for himself as an undersized DT

Lastly, I was going crazy because the Giants could've drafted LB Ivan Pace Jr., last year and could've even attempted to sign him as an UDFA, as he wasn't drafted. Over and over I read that he was the best LB in the class, but was "too small". He ended up signing with the Vikings as an UDFA and was "Defensive Player of the Week" last year and made the 2023 PFWA ALL-ROOKIE TEAM at the end of the season. He is the epitome of the old saying, "it's the size of the heart, not the body"

What does all this mean??? Nothing
The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

Jolly Blue Giant

Would the Giants go for the son of another Giants' player?

DT Leonard Taylor III is the son of Lawrence Taylor. He's 6'3"/305 LBs. Could the gene pool play a role here? He says he went to every game his father played in and patterned his life after him. But does he have the same instincts and tenacity of his dad? I don't know

If he does become a Giant, I suspect he will be called LT-3 or just "Jr"

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 24, 2024, 12:17:06 PMHe says he went to every game his father played in

LT- New York Giants (1981–1993)

LT III -  Born: 2002 (age 21 years), Miami, FL

:hmm:
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

spiderblue43

LT-3 I like. Another DT will likely be coming with Bowen's scheme, no?

Jolly Blue Giant

Well, I read a bad story. Read it today and was surprised there was a relation to LT. Maybe he's not even LT's son  :-?? Grandson??? Unrelated???  :hmm:

I'm too tired and brain-dead to even research it :sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:

spiderblue43

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 24, 2024, 12:32:53 PMWell, I read a bad story. Read it today and was surprised there was a relation to LT. Maybe he's not even LT's son  :-?? Grandson??? Unrelated???  :hmm:

I'm too tired and brain-dead to even research it :sleeping:  :sleeping:  :sleeping:

That's it, Jolly. No LT for you..ever  =))

Jolly Blue Giant

Researched it a bit. Don't find a relationship to LT. And on a down note, LT-3 signed a contract with rapper Lil Wayne...which is a bad sign. Another Toney???

jgrangers2

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on April 24, 2024, 12:17:06 PMWould the Giants go for the son of another Giants' player?

DT Leonard Taylor III is the son of Lawrence Taylor. He's 6'3"/305 LBs. Could the gene pool play a role here? He says he went to every game his father played in and patterned his life after him. But does he have the same instincts and tenacity of his dad? I don't know

If he does become a Giant, I suspect he will be called LT-3 or just "Jr"

Did Taylor have a bad combine or something? I remember him generally being viewed as a 2nd rounder and borderline first rounder in February, but now seems like he'd be more of a late day 2 or early day 3 pick.