News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

2023 NFL Offensive Line Unit Ranks

Started by MightyGiants, May 15, 2023, 07:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Is there any sort of stated methodology to this list? Or is it just purely what this individual happens to think?

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 15, 2023, 07:16:51 PMIs there any sort of stated methodology to this list? Or is it just purely what this individual happens to think?

It's all based off of this

https://g.espncdn.com/s/ffldraftkit/23/NFLDK2023_CS_ClayProjections2023.pdf
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Gmo11

If the Giants end up with the 22nd ranked OL at the end of the season then 1) something went wrong and 2) It'll still feel like the best OL season they've had in a decade.

True Blue

So based on this chart/tweet/article

The Giants have a better offensive line than two bonafide contenders like the 49ers and Bills, potential playoff teams in the Jets, Seahawks, Rams, Bucs, and Jaguars, and one of their division rivals in the Redskins as well as a few other teams.

MightyGiants

Quote from: True Blue on May 22, 2023, 08:42:51 AMSo based on this chart/tweet/article

The Giants have a better offensive line than two bonafide contenders like the 49ers and Bills, potential playoff teams in the Jets, Seahawks, Rams, Bucs, and Jaguars, and one of their division rivals in the Redskins as well as a few other teams.

Looking at PFF's lineups (to get a feel for grades of O-line starters).  I think there is a lot of projecting that the Giants 2 rookies (Neal and Ezeudu) take major steps forward in year 2.  If they don't, the Giants take a dive in these rankings.  I guess the Giants got points for having so many O-linemen with starting experience (so there is a bit of depth).

49ers-  good tackles but weak interior (even worse than the Giants).  The 49ers have Feliciano starting at center

Bills- They have a good LT but the rest of the line is weak to mediocre

Jets-  Missed out on drafting a tackle.  If Becton returns and the rookie Tippman plays well this line could see a boost

Jags-  mediocre to weak (there might not be a tomato can on their line0

Seahawks-  Another group that is not great but I don't see a tomato can

As for the Bucs and the Rams, I don't see either one of them as anywhere close to playoff teams

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE