News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Competition will be fierce for Position Battles

Started by Ed Vette, May 18, 2023, 07:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Quote from: Jclayton92 on May 18, 2023, 02:10:03 PMI think the question with Smith is where do they play him? Camp last year he was DE and OLB reps if I remember correctly.

That is a good question.  For what it's worth, NYG has him listed as an OLB on their roster. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 18, 2023, 02:21:59 PMWhat will be the most used Defensive front? They may start out with three DT's and two Edge on First Down but then mostly, Ojulari, Lawrence, Williams and Thibs in a four man Front. I don't see those players leaving the field except for rest or Short Yardage situations.

Last year they seemed to play a lot of 2 DTs, 2 Edge, 2 ILBs, and 5 DBs.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jclayton92

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 18, 2023, 02:21:59 PMWhat will be the most used Defensive front? They may start out with three DT's and two Edge on First Down but then mostly, Ojulari, Lawrence, Williams and Thibs in a four man Front. I don't see those players leaving the field except for rest or Short Yardage situations.
I agree ashawn, dex, and Williams if healthy will always be the front probably

Jclayton92

Quote from: MightyGiants on May 18, 2023, 02:32:55 PMLast year they seemed to play a lot of 2 DTs, 2 Edge, 2 ILBs, and 5 DBs.
with our personnel I'd almost much rather have 3-2-1-5 but that isn't Winks d so we'll see.

Philosophers

Quote from: Ed Vette on May 18, 2023, 02:26:13 PMIf that's the case with Hodgins and Slayton, they should just trade Slay who can bring in a decent draft pick or a player of need before he loses any value. I would be surprised because I see him as the top dog this spring.

You may be right.  I feel he'a too up and down.