News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Is Josh Johnson the greatest journeyman QB of all time?

Started by MightyGiants, May 22, 2023, 08:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

uconnjack8

Is Fitzpatrick considered a joureyman?

I would take him over Johnson any day.

Ed Vette

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 22, 2023, 08:22:23 AMIs Fitzpatrick considered a joureyman?

Fitz is the Buster Mathis of QBs.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

True Blue

Absolutely not, playing for the most teams does not equate to success

I would easily take Fitzpatrick, Testaverde, Flutie, McCown etc over him, probably others.

2280 yards, 13 TD to 16 INT are Josh Johnsons career stats, no way he is even sniffing this conversation for me.

MightyGiants

Quote from: uconnjack8 on May 22, 2023, 08:22:23 AMIs Fitzpatrick considered a joureyman?

Fitz was a better, QB but he certainly hasn't been on the journey Johnson has been on

St. Louis Rams (2005–2006)
Cincinnati Bengals (2007–2008)
Buffalo Bills (2009–2012)
Tennessee Titans (2013)
Houston Texans (2014)
New York Jets (2015–2016)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2017–2018)
Miami Dolphins (2019–2020)
Washington Football Team (2021)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

If by "best journeyman" we mean "played for the most NFL teams", then I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a "better" one that Johnson.

Sem

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 22, 2023, 10:50:57 AMIf by "best journeyman" we mean "played for the most NFL teams", then I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a "better" one that Johnson.

I think that's what Rich was going for here.

MightyGiants

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on May 22, 2023, 10:50:57 AMIf by "best journeyman" we mean "played for the most NFL teams", then I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a "better" one that Johnson.

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE