News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

"legend QBs" Super Bowl Classics on NFL Network

Started by Fletch, May 22, 2023, 03:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch

I watched SB 10 which was Cowboys vs. Steelers and before my time.

I watched some of 1996 SB same teams but with Neill O'donnel and Troy Aikman

I also watched the 1998 SB which I believe which was Packers vs Broncos with the QBs being Elway vs. Favre. I remember watching that one back then and, both have had better games which I have seen as an NFL fan. Strangely Troy Aikman was the only one who I remember really impressing me.

Were those uncharacteristic games for Staubach and Terry Bradshaw? I would think that neither of them was better than even ELi Manning let alone all time greats.

kartanoman

As entertaining as Super Bowl 10 was, both Staubach and Bradshaw became names of legend in Super Bowl XIII which the Steelers won 35-31. That remains one the most entertaining Super Bowls I ever watched (NOTE: it is also the first one I watched in its entirety when I was nine years old). Bradshaw and Franco were amazing but Roger the Dodger refused to accept defeat. The difference in the game could very well have come down to "Bless His Heart" Jackie Smith who dropped the game tying TD in the end zone after Roger hit him between the 8 and the 1 of his jersey.

In the 1970s, those two were the benchmark in the NFL while the Giants waited a few months later to draft the kid who set a benchmark for QBs in the Super Bowl. His name was Phil Simms.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)