News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Giants would get picks for Kafka according to Dan Duggan

Started by shadowspinner0, January 24, 2024, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspinner0

Dan Duggan
@DDuggan21
Yes. Checked on this and he qualifies as a minority candidate (his grandparents are Puerto Rican, according to a
@DarrylSlater
story).
So if the Giants lose Kafka or Brown to a HC/GM job, they'll get a third-round comp pick in 2024 and 2025. If they lose both, they'll get a third-round comp pick in 2024, 2025 and 2026.

https://twitter.com/DDuggan21/status/1750259352487793149

T200

I'd give up a draft pick to whoever takes him.  :ok:  <:-P
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Jolly Blue Giant

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

DaveBrown74

I wonder where they draw the line on this stuff. Like would it count if one grandparent was Puerto Rican, making the individual 1/8th?

GloryDays

Who is coming up and implementing these sickening race based crap?! Goodell? The owners committee? The players union?!  It's 2024... HELLO
Take him please 🙏🏻😡

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 24, 2024, 04:49:36 PMI wonder where they draw the line on this stuff. Like would it count if one grandparent was Puerto Rican, making the individual 1/8th?

If one grandparent is Puerto Rican than you are 1/4th not 1/8 Puerto Rican. In Kafka's case it's both of his Grandparents, probably maternal, making him 1/2 Puerto Rican. It's no different than my daughter who has my Italian last name but is 1/2 Ecuadorean.

Now if both of one set of grandparents are Puerto Rican why don't they just say that one of his parents is 100%? If you phrase it like that I doubt we aren't even having this debate.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

I think the most important point is that Kafka would need to get a HC job.  The Giants get nothing if he leaves for another OC job.

One thing that I think is worth noting is that Kafka must have a pretty good reputation in the league.  After the terrible season the Giants offense just had, it's a bit surprising that not one but two teams interviewed him for head coaching jobs.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

T200

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 25, 2024, 10:14:13 AMI think the most important point is that Kafka would need to get a HC job.  The Giants get nothing if he leaves for another OC job.

One thing that I think is worth noting is that Kafka must have a pretty good reputation in the league.  After the terrible season the Giants offense just had, it's a bit surprising that not one but two teams interviewed him for head coaching jobs.
Could be simply to satisfy the Rooney Rule. If Kafka was the OC for another team that had the same performance as the Giants, would we as Giants fans want Kafka to be our HC?
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

MightyGiants

Quote from: T200 on January 25, 2024, 10:35:05 AMCould be simply to satisfy the Rooney Rule. If Kafka was the OC for another team that had the same performance as the Giants, would we as Giants fans want Kafka to be our HC?

Tim,

That's tough to say.  On the one hand, Kafka has trained under two of the better offensive minds, Andy Reid and Brian Daboll.   One could argue that Daboll bringing his friend Bobby Johnson in to run the O-line, combined with injury at QB, short-circuited the offense more than Kafka.  On the other hand, as Mike Lombardi likes to say, HCs are elected, not selected.   Hiring Kafka wouldn't exactly sell a lot of tickets or luxury boxes due to running one of if not the worst offenses in the league last season.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

DaveBrown74

Quote from: TDToomer on January 25, 2024, 09:18:30 AMIf one grandparent is Puerto Rican than you are 1/4th not 1/8 Puerto Rican. In Kafka's case it's both of his Grandparents, probably maternal, making one him 1/2 Puerto Rican. It's no different than my daughter who has my Italian last name but is 1/2 Ecuadorean.

Now if both of one set of grandparents are Puerto Rican why don't they just say that one of his parents is 100%? If you phrase it like that I doubt we aren't even having this debate.

My mistake on the math, but I am still curious where they draw the line.

TDToomer

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on January 25, 2024, 01:31:28 PMMy mistake on the math, but I am still curious where they draw the line.

I don't know but I am curious why if one of his parents is 100% Latino the focus is on his Grandparents when you don't have to go further back on his family tree.
"It's extra special against Dallas. That's absolutely a team I can't stand. I've been hating Dallas ever since I knew anything about football." - Brandon Jacobs

MightyGiants

Quote from: TDToomer on January 25, 2024, 01:41:27 PMI don't know but I am curious why if one of his parents is 100% Latino the focus is on his Grandparents when you don't have to go further back on his family tree.

That is a good question; I said it the way I did because that is how Dan Duggan reported it.  As you say, if both his mother's parents were Puerto Rican, then so is she.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE