News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Heres another one for you

"My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for." 1990s
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 08:44:22 PM

"My father was fond of saying you need three things in life - a good doctor, a forgiving priest, and a clever accountant. The first two, I've never had much use for." 1990s

?????????

jimv

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 08:18:52 PM
Here's another from the 40s

"Meet you at sundown, Harvard!"

BIG Hint:  Spencer Tracy.

LennG

And another. Lets make this easy  year 2000s

first quote
"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

And if you still don't get it from that

"Hold your ground, hold your ground!  my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

That's a giveaway   :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Think-Last chapter of of Triology--Best Pic winner
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

I don't get the speeches.

But, here's one from the '90s:

"I could've taken your mother on a cruise with Kathy Lee Gifford!"

eilasidogruoy

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you
And all that in them is.

eilasidogruoy

All the remaining unanswered quotes I do not know. You guys are way better at this than I am.
And all that in them is.

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
A couple more

"You see, I understand you men were just playin' around, but the mule, he just doesn't get it. Course, if you were to all apologize...:      1960s

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got a man in Poughkeepsie who wants to talk to you. Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie? Huh? Have you ever been in Poughkeepsie?
Hey, man, come on, give me a break, man. I don't know what you're talkin' about!
Hey, come on, come on. Say it. Let me hear you say it. Come on. Have you ever been to Poughkeepsie? You've been in Poughkeepsie, haven't you? I want to hear it! Come on!
Yes. Yes. Yes. I've been there.   1970s

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Marcus. What are you trying to do, scare me? You sound like my mother. We've known each other for a long time. I don't believe in magic, a lot of superstitious hocus pocus. I'm going after a find of incredible historical significance, you're talking about the boogie man. Besides, you know what a cautious fellow I am."  1980s

Some hints also Jim

#1 think Westerns, Italian ones

#2- Think NY Cop

#3-Think, snakes, and Nazis and Spielberg

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: LennG on July 25, 2020, 08:44:22 PM

Hint for this one-- WWII and the Holocaust

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 08:47:23 PM

BIG Hint:  Spencer Tracy.

Still ?????????????

Probably didn't see it

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 10:37:02 PM
I don't get the speeches.

But, here's one from the '90s:

"I could've taken your mother on a cruise with Kathy Lee Gifford!"

Sorry Jim, I'm stumped. Maybe the brain isn't working right today.

Charlie Weiss

LennG

Quote from: jimv on July 25, 2020, 04:26:54 PM
"I guess they just don't like the liquor we drink up here, eh General?  Ha-ha-ha-ha."  40s

I really have no idea, but from your clue, and knowing you, I'll take a guess at Sgt York???????????????

Charlie Weiss

jimv

Quote from: LennG on July 26, 2020, 12:17:21 PM
Still ?????????????

Probably didn't see it

Oh Yeah, you saw it!  Add Robert Young.