News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Let's Try Movie Quotes Again...

Started by jimv, May 08, 2020, 07:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennG

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 14, 2020, 06:32:02 AM
"What If Someone Does Something Irksome, And I Decide To Remove His Spine?"

Guardians of the Galaxy (Why I know this, I ahve no idea as I really don't like these type of movies, but this one was OK)

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's not usually this much talking."

Iron Man

"He's a friend from work!"

?????????????

"What
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

philo43

Quote from: jimv on September 14, 2020, 12:29:27 PM
They're all outside my realm.

Same here - if they are sci fi or marvel - have not watched them

jimv

"You can't negotiate with a tiger when you head is in its mouth!"

GordonGekko80

Quote from: jimv on September 15, 2020, 12:29:39 AM
"You can't negotiate with a tiger when you head is in its mouth!"

Darkest Hour???

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on September 14, 2020, 11:33:41 AM

I knew the first two. I have a feeling that they are all from this genre of movies, Super Heros et al. Again, not my favorite genre. I have seen the basics, like Superman and Batman and Spiderman, but after that, I usually pass. I said this a while back, I think I was the only one who didn't like the entire Ironman series. Oh well, to each his own. Maybe some one else can chime in on the others.

Actually, the second one's wrong. It involves Iron Man but it's not an Iron Man Movie.

All I can tell you it's that it is from the Marvel Universe. All of them.

Looks like I got you there. :)

GordonGekko80

philo43

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 15, 2020, 11:43:36 AM
"Stay Gold, Pony Boy!!!"

Know the answer, not from the movie, but the book I was forced to read in HS.  Character gave it away

jimv

LennG

"Stay Gold, Pony Boy!!!"

I tried on the other ones. Sorry

As for this one, I really don't have a clue.

Just a note, to take a line from maybe a sort ofg obscure movie and expect me, or others to know it, that is tough. As we say, we don't watch every movie, but certain, maybe more popular movies, we can figure out just from a line or two here and there.
Really, some of these movies, I never even heard of, and I do try and keep up to date with the film world. Sure, as I said before, we all have the type of movie genres that we like and don't like, but I usually recognize titles. I guess I must have missed a few along the way.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

jimv

There's one of mine still hanging around out there and I'm waiting for someone not named Lenny to answer it.  Here it is again:

"A man who forsakes his conscience for the sake of his public duty leads his country by a short road to chaos."

GordonGekko80

Quote from: GordonGekko80 on September 14, 2020, 06:32:02 AM
"What If Someone Does Something Irksome, And I Decide To Remove His Spine?"

"I don't know if you've been in a fight before, but there's not usually this much talking."

CAPTAIN AMERICA - CIVIL WAR

"He's a friend from work!"

THOR - RAGNAROK (when Hulk comes out and fights Thor - Thor gets totally excited and tells everyone he's a friend of his)

"What

GordonGekko80

Quote from: LennG on September 15, 2020, 08:39:10 PM
I tried on the other ones. Sorry

As for this one, I really don't have a clue.

Just a note, to take a line from maybe a sort ofg obscure movie and expect me, or others to know it, that is tough. As we say, we don't watch every movie, but certain, maybe more popular movies, we can figure out just from a line or two here and there.
Really, some of these movies, I never even heard of, and I do try and keep up to date with the film world. Sure, as I said before, we all have the type of movie genres that we like and don't like, but I usually recognize titles. I guess I must have missed a few along the way.

Apologies Lenny.

Obviously, the movie taste is very subjective. So is the taste of the movies themselves. I myself love the Marvel and DC Universe movies and I find them to be quite fun.

The movie quote above I had from "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".

GordonGekko80

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain."

"You have a problem with authority, Mr. Anderson. You believe you are special, that somehow the rules do not apply to you. Obviously, you are mistaken."

philo43

"Stay Gold, Pony Boy!!!"

Ponyboy is a main character in The Outsiders, I know they made a movie with a lot of the "Brat" Pack in it.